- SEATTLE, WA
- Job Terms:
- Depends On Experience
- posted by:
- Samantha McHale
ASSOCIATE COMMUNITY MANAGER
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 1 YEAR
LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL ASSOCIATE COMMUNITY MANAGER! **
You’ve spent a great deal of time engaging with social mediums both as a consumer as well as a manager for a major consumer Brand. And as a result, it’s left you with clear opinions on the role of social media within our culture, as well as the role Brands can and should play in order to drive deeper, more meaningful experiences for their consumer base. We’re interested in what those opinions are.
- Have a demonstrated history of managing communities for major consumer Brands, across multiple platforms.
- Depth of platform knowledge (both functional as well as strategic)
- Proven ability to drive meaningful engagement with communities that fuel both growth and positive sentiment
- Proactively manage branded social media channels and editorial calendars across brands – following process and delivering on schedule
- Manage brand Instagram accounts with emphasis on discovering eye-catching, on-brand, user-generated content across Instagram
- Monitor conversations across social media and address important mentions and comments in real-time through engagement, escalation, or documentation
- Help drive content development – strategy through execution – providing a social perspective on the work
- Provide creative format recommendations by channel (paid or unpaid) that best deliver against campaign objectives
- Curate content from internal and external sources and share across appropriate social channels
- Posting to social channels: maintain a consistent voice across channels aligned with branding and target audience
- Engage, spark discussions, surprise and delight customers across social channels
- Discover trending topics, community needs, and interests of target audience across social media, adjusting content and messaging accordingly
- Generate insight into community performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Familiarity with social media and online engagement tools (e.g. Crimson Hexagon, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, etc)
- 1+ years of professional level social media experience
- Experience managing or contributing to a brand or organization’s Instagram presence
- Strong knowledge of platform capabilities
- Passion for digital marketing
- A driving passion for social media, building community, interacting with consumer audiences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills.
- Ability to execute brand voice guidelines in social content.
- Understanding of the basic mechanisms of paid media in social channels.
- Motivated, energetic self-starter with strong problem solving skills.
- In-depth familiarity with major and emerging social media platforms.
WE WELCOME REFERRALS! CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL POLICY HERE: $$$$ http://aquent.com/rewards/
WORKING WITH AQUENT
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)