- SeaTac, WA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Chessjuan Monk
Our client is seeking a senior strategic and creative designer to help drive the future design of our $3 billion, multi-channel e-commerce business. You’ll work across several product teams, partnering with UX researchers, product managers, content strategists and other functions in the design and delivery of high-performing user experiences for their homepage, mobile apps and kiosks.
- Lead design – from problem identification, to flows, brainstorming, interaction and visual design, etc. - for high-priority projects.
- Meet a high bar, efficiently delivering quality designs.
- Apply user-centered design best practices, from interaction, usability and visual design fundamentals to accessibility standards, balancing user needs with business goals and technology capabilities.
- Facilitate ideation sessions to push the boundaries of design.
- Solicit and give feedback to help up-level the team.
- Inspire a design-driven culture.
- Collaborate with UX research and analytics teams to identify design opportunities, evaluate concepts and incorporate findings.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences including e-commerce team members and executives.
- Collaborate with product management to inform product strategy and road map.
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to align designs with the brand.
Our client is the seventh-largest U.S. airline based on passenger traffic and is one of the most popular U.S. West Coast air carriers. Headquartered in Seattle, our client carries more passengers between the state of Alaska and the Lower 48 than any other airline. The airline has expanded significantly to serve several U.S. East Coast and Southern states including Nashville, Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham and will begin flying to Costa Rica later this year.
Bachelors’ degree in user experience, interaction design, graphic design or other related field preferred.
- 5+ years in related field required.
- E-commerce experience strongly preferred.
- Product design agency experience preferred.
- Significant experience with Lean UX and agile product development.
- Working knowledge of the old favorites (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite) and latest design tools.
- Knowledge of digital platforms and design guidelines, cross-browser compaitilibyt, accessibility standarts, various web-related optimization techniques, etc.
- Strong conceptual and visual thinker – leveraging storyboards and mockups to communicate complex ideas.
- Hands-on skills across UX, interaction design, UI/visual design, motion and animation.
- Passion for keeping up with current design trends and best practices and technology innovation.
- Demonstrated experience in elevating a brand’s visual language into digital experiences.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must have portfolio demonstrating skills along with thought process.