- Boston, Rhode Island, or Remote
- Job Terms:
- Hourly Rate (Contract)
- posted by:
- Amirah Salim
Aquent's client is looking for a Accessibility Analyst to work a 6 month or more contract role Contractor can sit in the Boston or Woonsocket, Rhode Island office. For the right candidate, this could also be a remote position. The candidate will have deep knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and Section 508, a good understanding of accessibility and usability for disabled people, and experience with assistive devices and building accessible web products.
· Run baseline analysis, review wireframes and evaluate visual designs for WCAG 2.0 AA compliance.
· Verify copy deck has necessary elements to achieve compliance.
· Conduct website reviews, analysis, remediation and functional testing.
· Assess and optimize website designs through review and analysis of user needs to meet the website accessibility needs.
· Provide technical assistance and remediation guidance to designers, developers and QA.
· Recommend potential solutions by evaluating new and emerging assistive technologies designed to increase accessibility.
· Perform full cycles of sprint, regression, and integration testing
· Generate test summary reports after each testing cycle to show testing progress, actual testing results, and pass/fail status
· Provide regular status updates on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items
· Direct previous experience with developing/designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.0 – Level A/AA, Section 508.
· Experience in WAI-ARIA implementation
· Thorough understanding of W3C standards-compliant HTML and CSS
· Experience using Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
· Knowledge of assistive technologies used for web browsing such as JAWS or NVDA
· Knowledge of Deque tools (aXe, Assure/Comply or Worldspace) preferred
· Should have multi-tasking abilities, be able to meet deadlines without compromising quality
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· 3+ years of professional web experience