Senior User Experience Planners will operate as user advocates, facilitators and design strategists. They will use lightweight methods to help accelerate thinking and decision-making around future opportunities (digital experiences) in order to inform business strategy and direction from a user-centered perspective. They will conduct and drive lightweight research, ideation and concepting activities; leverage lean and agile UX methods (similar to Google Ventures); and time box activities to accelerate design thinking and decision-making.
Major responsibilities and duties: • Help determine the approach during the early phases of an engagement.
• Drive the discovery activities to understand customer needs, business goals, problem context, as well as organizational and technical constraints.
• Plan and execute lightweight research, ideation, and concepting activities and workshops with stakeholders and appropriate UX practices.
• Facilitate the synthesis, summary and findings to inform thinking as well as drive decision-making and alignment through concepts and high-level designs.
• Understand experience frameworks and know how and when to use them to help inform business partners and business strategy.
• Facilitate & envision an experience strategy/roadmap that aligns with the organization’s business strategy & objectives.
• Drive ideation and concepting to envision and align thinking as well as validate and test concepts.
• Influence the creation of user profiles, scenarios, guiding principles, mental models and journey maps.
Requirements: • A self-starter with diplomatic problem solving skills. Has the ability to think big, sell ideas, and execute in a collaborative work environment with business partners to design experiences that drive revenue growth.
• Demonstrate expertise in multi-channel and multi-platform product design, with ability to create exceptional measured business impact via the customer experience.
• Participate in the activities to formulate compelling stories that educate, inform and fuel cross-functional alignment on desired user-experiences.
• Ability to create compelling reports, deliverables and case studies that are comprehensive yet brief, and facilitate decision-making.
• Ability to actively serve as a user advocate with a strong point-of-view of how experience design is evolving including how users interact with devices, environments, immersive content, and commerce… now and in the future.
• 5 to 7 years of prior experience with a user-experience discipline but has broad exposure to a variety of user-experience disciplines: Interaction Design, Visual Design, Usability Testing, Research and Analytics
• Demonstrate advanced and confident communication and decision-making skills, both verbal and visual.
• Background in user experience strategy, experience design, service design, human factors, and other related user experience disciplines.
• Advanced degree in design, psychology, human factors, technology or HCI is preferred.