Our client, a leader in the Global eCommerce space, is looking for a highly entrepreneurial Vendor Acquisition Manager to develop relationships with key brands, driving the vendor acquisitions that will make immediate contributions to this rapidly growing business. We are heads-down focused on growing and developing and expanding upon the millions of products and brands we offer to our customer’s daily. Our team is growing and if you are equally passionate about e-commerce, an opportunity with us, may be a great match!
The Vendor Acquisition Manager will partner with cross-functional teams to ensure new vendor acquisition is fully brought on-boarded at the best in class speed. He/she will attend trade shows, assess new vendor opportunities, and identify opportunities to improve assortment acquisition that increase revenue. The successful candidate will own the presentation of pitch decks across multiple product lines. He/she will manage the on boarding process of all new brands and serving as the primary contact point for all new brand communication. Vendor Acquisition Manager will also serve as a key customer and category advocate, serving on cross-functional teams tasked with driving initiatives and process change to continually improve the on boarding process.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and highly entrepreneurial, with a passion for chasing impactful business opportunities. He/she should have demonstrated ability to influence at higher levels of an organization, coupled with a broad track record of successful acquisitions. The Vendor Acquisition Manager will have outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in order to focus on activities that have the most impact. The successful candidate will also be an effective communicator, whose intellectually curiosity drives new ideas, innovation, and process improvement.
Our team culture is both collaborative and self-motivated, with significant rewards given to team members who think big, deliver efficiencies, and improve vendor acquisitions. Are you up for the challenge?
• 3+ years of vendor acquisitions and/or sales experience is required
• Experience analyzing and presenting data to support business decisions
• Experience leveraging Excel and other software tools to analyze a business
• Experience utilizing Excel, databases and computer tools to process data
• A proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects including work prioritization
• College degree preferred
• Wholesale and retail experience preferred
• Buying and/or planning experience in multiple product categories preferred
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to coordinate projects across multiple groups
• Outstanding presentation skills; experience presenting at all levels of an organization
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly collaborative and team-focused