- Oakland, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Margie Franco
Aquent has an immediate opportunity for a Manager of Marketing Data. This is a part-time, three month opportunity with a top tier Fortune 500 company. The ideal candidate should be able to dig into the actual back-end work, not just managing people doing the job. The client is looking for a hardcore Taxonomist vs. someone who has a data engineer/analyst type background who have some light experience in Taxonomy. The candidate should have a heavy hand in managing the taxonomy of the data. The client is not looking for candidates who work with data to pull together dashboards or reports. They are looking for a true Taxonomist!
1) Creation and Development
a) Conduct data governance assessment in Marketing Domain of all data assets and stakeholders to establish the process for
defining, operationalizing and maintaining taxonomy of Marketing content.
b) Create taxonomies relevant to marketing activities by working with the Marcom, Agency and Insights team to build metadata
frameworks for grouping and tagging content.
a) Support the capture, publishing and maintenance of meta-data (both structured and non-structured)
b) Development of metrics and scorecards for quality assessment in terms of completeness and consistency.
a) Represent Marketing Data both as a customer and supplier in cross-functional forums and initiatives.
b) Champion the marketing data governance process to key stakeholders to drive continued management support thru the
c) Proactively stay abreast of industry trends to identify evolving data governance needs and capabilities in marketing domain.
5 + years of experience in following focus areas
1. Experience in working with 3rd party data either a business analyst or as a part of industry bodies responsible for standards.
2. Broadly in data governance implementation and maturation across different domains. Marketing domain experience is
3. Developing data architectures and taxonomies that are implemented thru metadata repositories and business glossaries.
4. Designing, architecting & implementing metadata solutions utilizing purchased metadata repository packages.
5. Designing and championing data governance initiatives with business stakeholders.
1. Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
2. Good understanding of business process change and change management.
3. Strong influencer identification and activation.
4. Excellent understanding of the difference between meta-data and meta-data repositories versus operational data.
5. Great knowledge and experience in metadata management, taxonomy, and data governance.
6. Must be able to advance multiple, unrelated projects/tasks independently.
7. Expert level attention to detail.
8. Strong analytical skills; strong learning skills.
9. Appreciation for Marketing, Media and Analytics.
10. Good business knowledge in several business areas, such as marketing, finance and operations management.
Bachelors of Science in Information Management, Information Systems, Computer Science with experience in Marketing
or Bachelors in Marketing, Media, Business with experience in Information Management