Our client, who is a major part of the American landscape since 1958, is in need of a long-term freelance Corporate Event Planner to work onsite, Washington, DC, 40 hours a week. The client is a non-profit organization with a mission to enhance the quality of life and advocates for positive social change to 38 million members through information, advocacy and service.
What You Will Do:
- As a Corporate Event Planner, in the Event Strategy and Services Group, you will be responsible for developing and executing events as a critical channel for brand experience and engagement reporting to the Director of Event Strategy & Services.
- You will contribute to the production of all aspects of internal client events and experiences (venue/vendor sourcing and selection, contract negotiation, project and logistics management, etc.)
- Provide consultation, planning and on-site management for multiple, and concurrent internal client events and work collaboratively with the Event Strategy and Services team members and vendors in the production of events.
- Assist in the financial management of each event including budget creation, implementation of best practices to maximize cost-savings, post-event reconciliation, etc.
- Support the development of internal systems and best practices for event planning and production.
- Serve as a liaison between clients, vendors, partners and providers.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Event Planning, Production, Management or related field.
- 5 years of experience in event planning and production, with a proven track record of success.
- Successful candidates will have current event planning experience, demonstrate ability to be both detail-oriented and creative and have strong project management and problem-solving skills to work effectively with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral skills to work collaboratively with all levels of the enterprise (Board of Directors, Executive Team, Volunteers, etc.) and demonstrated diplomatic, networking and negotiation skills.
- Production of events can and will occur on evenings and during weekends.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
- HOLIDAYS: Aquent employees at this client will receive up to (10) paid holidays per year for qualifying full-time personnel. Qualifying paid holidays follow the client’s annual holiday schedule.
- PAID VACATION AND PERSONAL TIME: Aquent employees at this client will be eligible to receive a total of forty (40) hours paid vacation and personal time per calendar year upon completion of (1) year of continuous service for qualifying full-time personnel. Unused vacation and personal time does not roll-over to the following calendar year nor is it paid out at year-end
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org