The Event Planner for Event Strategy and Services is responsible for developing and executing events as a critical channel for brand experience and engagement. S/he reports to the Director of Event Strategy & Services. The position’s chief responsibilities include:
• Lead and/or contribute to the production of all aspects of internal client events and experiences (venue/vendor sourcing and selection, contract negotiation, project and logistics management, etc.)
• Provide consultation, planning and on-site management for multiple, and concurrent internal client events (Organization's Departments and Programs).
* Work collaboratively with the Event Strategy and Services team members, shared services and vendors in the production of events.
• Assist in the financial management of each event including budget creation, implementation of best practices to maximize cost-savings, post-event reconciliation, etc.
• Contribute to and support the development of internal systems and best practices for event planning and production.
• Serve as a liaison between clients, vendors, partners and providers.
• Support the departmental efforts to contribute to enterprise goals of social impact, relevance and revenue.
• Maintain a clear understanding of enterprise strategy and goals.
• Exhibit Organization's values.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Event Planning, Production, Management or related field or an equivalent number of years’ experience of work experience and education.
• 5+ years of experience in event planning and production, with a proven track record of success.
• Successful candidates will demonstrate ability to be both detail-oriented and creative.
• Demonstrated strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with all levels of the enterprise (Board of Directors, Executive Team, Volunteers, etc.) and demonstrated diplomatic, networking and negotiation skills.
• Ability to contribute to a culture of collaboration and innovation.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Production of events can and will occur on evenings and during weekends.
• Travel up to 20%.
Needs strong logistics and planning skills.
Must have customer service and strong project management skills.
Team operates like a client service, so this person must serve all departments within association.
This person will work alongside a team of five; one senior planner, one event planner, a coordinator and an event analyst.
The department plans between 100-150 events per year.