- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
Our client, at the forefront of researching cutting edge technology and headquartered in Silicon Valley, is seeking a UX Designer for a 6-month assignment.
Who you are:
You see yourself coming up with solutions for some of the most challenging problems that exist. You are a hybrid UX designer with interaction and visual skills. Love working with the most cutting edge enterprise technology and eager to make impact on a global scale while providing the best user experience.
Who we are:
In this assignment, you will be working with a product team located in Mountain view, CA. They are dedicated to driving product innovation and user expereince that engages with some of the most talented product owners, designers and developers in the company. Working in small teams, you will iteratively define a new generation of services and experiences from a user-centered perspective.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop workflows, user task analysis, interaction flows, wireframes, high fidelity visual mock-ups, navigational flows, and click-through UX prototypes.
- Work with UX researchers to design and observe user studies and translate research findings into insights and design improvements.
- Apply the best design aesthetics, while effectively managing trade-offs between business needs and customer benefit.
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams (research, design, strategy) throughout the design process generating insights, creating concepts and prototyping
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of demonstrable experience in designing usable software experiences in an agile, startup-like product development environment.
- Experience in enterprise is a big plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, HCI, or similar.
- Diverse project experience in concept ideation, UI concepting/wireframing, design strategy, and working across multiple form factors.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates visual aesthetic, systems thinking and core skills across a variety of categories and formats.
- Fluency with common design software for the creation of Interaction Design deliverables/presentations
- Agility in creating digital sketches/prototypes from lo-fi to hi-fi, to help design thinking process as well as communicate concepts to team members
- Strong communicators, who can creatively and effectively communicate ideas as a story to others with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid design experience for web, mobile and touch devices.
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate with and learn from multi-disciplinary teams
***Background check is required for this position.***
*** Submit your resume and elevator pitch describing your credentials for this particular role. Use the job description as your guide.***