AQUENT is seeking a Social Media/Copywriter that has a passion for writing and keen understanding of the specific demands of digital media. (In short: you love words and appreciate brevity.) This is an on going assignment with an in house agency, 40hrs per week, onsite in McLean, VA. (Some relo assistant will be provided).
We are looking for someone who has specific experience creating advertising/marketing copy including big-agency caliber headlines and body copy that create a compelling story. The copywriter will work closely with members of the internal design team at all levels to conceive, articulate, and create exceptional copy for social media across all channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, et al). The Social Media team works together to produce agency-caliber work and we’re looking for someone who works well within a highly creative and like-minded competitive group.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
• Ability to craft advertising/marketing-style, short-form copy for all types of content across all social platforms.
• Have an appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements (and great design in general). We expect our copywriters to understand that a post isn’t great unless the copy and the design support each other and truly tells a story.
• Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for user experience for all social platforms.
• Great presentation skills, both internally and client-facing. We want you to produce great copy and be able to express your ideas clearly.
• Maintains awareness of the latest advertising and marketing trends in the advertising/marketing industry, in print, web and the social sphere.
• Competitive drive to be at the forefront within our market on a social content level.
• Strong understanding of marketing, story-telling and advertising principles.
• Minimum 5 years specializing in communications, creative writing, or similar discipline.
• Deep knowledge of social media platform features and functionality.
• Digital and social experience is a must.
• Advertising/marketing agency experience is desired. Financial industry experience is a plus.
• Proven portfolio showing off exceptional body copy as well as headline copy for print/digital campaigns.
• Training in how to tell a story using words and images, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
• Project management skills to manage content schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
Please send your portfolio to Rdavenport@aquent.com for immediate consideration!