Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a Senior level UI Developer to work a 5 month contract onsite in Richfield, MN. This position has a strong likelihood of extension. The UI Engineering team focuses on the development and delivery of front-end assets for our clients sites. By continually learning and adapting to new technologies, the UI Engineering team is able to consistently deliver exceptional user experiences. In this role, developers will have the opportunity to develop experiences using modern client side frameworks and libraries, with their work visible on one of the world’s most trafficked e-commerce websites. The UI Developer will deliver interactive experiences by using the standard UI Engineering tech stack, which consists of Backbone or React, Marionette, Requirejs, Lodash and Dustjs. For unit testing, they use Mocha, Chai, Sinon. Ecommerce experience is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Develop world-class experiences for our client's customers
- Work with business analysts to define and develop requirements
- Partner with other developers to work through technical requirements
- Collaborate with broader UI Engineering team to share/learn lessons learned
What would a normal day for this position look like?
- Daily project stand up meetings
- Collaboration with developers and others within the team
- Develop and deliver front-end assets
- Write unit/functional tests
What are the must have technologies that a candidate needs in order to be successful in this role?
- Familiarity consuming RESTful services
- Backbone or React JS, and Node.js
- 10+ years of development experience
- Experience developing accessible interfaces using the WAI-ARIA standard
- Strong people and collaboration skills
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Desire to learn and continue to grow