Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a UX Researcher to work an initial 6 month contract with potential to extend onsite in Richfield, MN. This role is on the Retail Services UX team.
The Retail Services User Experience team seeks a short term passionate, collaborative, and outgoing UX Researcher to join the fast-paced group. The work consists of various tablet, desktop, and mobile platforms that exist within our retail locations across the US. Travel outside of MN is required.
The ideal candidate should have 8- 10 years of experience leading user research projects and feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Must have experience facilitating usability studies as well as conducting ethnography/contextual studies.
As a UX Researcher on Retail Services User Experience team, you will conduct research studies for a variety of employee-facing retail applications that support in-store applications for store associates. You will be responsible for assessing how employees are using in-store applications and how they relate to the success of big box stores.
The UX Researcher should have a solid understanding of the user-centered design process and be equally comfortable working independently and alongside other User Experience team members. You can communicate effectively to project teams of Business and IT individuals.
• Lead user research for prototype testing and live production testing
• Lead user research for ethnography and contextual studies
• Plan and facilitate user research
• Define research objectives on a per project basis
• Define user tasks and scenarios for research materials to achieve study objectives
• Work with our Retail User Experience team to create the required facilitation materials, such as clickable prototypes
• Develop discussion guides for research
• Facilitate one-on-one usability testing sessions
• Moderate ethnography/contextual sessions
• Report and analyze test findings into a clear format and deliver to larger multi-disciplinary team
Average day includes:
Meeting with project teams, heads down planning research, conducting research, heads down compiling reports from research
50% - desk time – planning, reporting
30% - meeting
20% - facilitating
Research portfolio (online, PDF or shared through a drive) – should include research plans, scripts and findings reports
• Analyzing data to arrive at meaningful findings, and the difference between data vs. insight.
• Defining the research process within cross-functional product teams.
• Qualitative user experience research methods including heuristic evaluation, usability testing, concept testing, field research, ethnography, discovery research, paper prototyping, remote research and guerilla methods.
• Testing applications on a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, mobile) and understands the intricacies, challenges and best practices of conducting research on these platforms.
• Both moderated and unmoderated research approaches
• Planning, defining, developing, recruiting, moderating, analyzing, and presenting (written and oral) research
• Detailed-oriented individual that can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• A strong communicator that can evangelize UX Research and get buy-in by explaining research concepts at a high-level for stakeholders and at a detailed-level for contributors.
• A relationship builder that is highly collaborative.
• Self-organized and proactive, with impeccable time management skills.
• Creative and flexible.
4. UserZoom (optional)
Soft Skills Needed
1. Ability to multi-task
3. Attention to Detail
Please provide three industries that would produce fitting candidates: