- San Jose, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Lindsay DesRochers
ITLE: Lead User Experience Researcher: Brand and Design Systems
JOB LOCATION: San Jose, CA
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 8 months- extensions likely
Our top Fortune 500 commerce client is seeking a Lead UX Researcher to join their Brand and Design Systems team. You'll be working at a leader in the commerce space, with hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers, hundreds of millions of live listings at any point of time, millions of daily transactions and billions of daily search queries. Featuring everyday essentials, luxury items, quirky goods in the form of new products, vintage goods, collectibles and rare finds, is the first stop for shoppers and sellers.
This Design Research and Strategy role will be responsible for conducting qualitative and quantitative research on the new brand system and design system consisting of design patterns and components.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• You'll be responsible for designing, planning and conducting user research including a variety of methods to generate brand/design system concepts as well as evaluate existing brand/design system concepts
• You will provide insight and vision to the team based on researching user needs. Convert research findings into actionable results
• You'll work closely with designers, prototypers, content strategists, product managers, marketing, legal, engineers and other experienced researchers to define and improve the brand and design system
• You will triangulate research findings with other data sources (including market research, site analytics and externally published research) into meaningful recommendations and actionable results
A little about our fortune 500 client... We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check. We offer empowering roles worldwide with a focus on creativity, competitive pay and benefits, professional growth, and performance-focused rewards.
• Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture or related field.
• Formal training (course work) in a variety of user experience research methods (such as lab and field research and survey design).
• Experience working in the mobile (native + web) space
7+ years of experience; market research experience
• Knowledge of a variety of user research methods for evaluating brand systems and design patterns/components
• Training in capabilities and limitations of research methods. Practical experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods that span the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch
• Ability to develop creative approaches to researching complex user experience problems and convey ideas in a tangible form
• Knowledge of user-centered design principles
• Innovating and demonstrating an ability to think critically and creatively, beyond what is asked for
• Motivation and drive to make a difference in the customer experience, while learning and honing job skills
• Knowledge of approaches for researching in different geo markets