Aquent's Fortune 500 retail/ecommerce client is looking for an Associate Technical Architect to work a 6 month contract to hire onsite in Richfield, MN. This role will be working in supply chain automation, personalization and product content management within the enterprise and marketing.
Local Candidates preferred, open to non-local and skype interviews but must travel for final interview..
- Provide direction to delivery technical team consisting of engineering and QA resources leveraging diverse development methodologies (agile, iterative and waterfall)
- Communicate effectively articulating technical decisions to business and technical partners • Developing and maintaining long term business domain knowledge
- Provide accurate estimates and delivery timelines
- Partner with architecture group on to deliver solution blueprints and other UML based design documentation
- Enforce processes around development methodologies including continuous integration, static code analysis, test coverage etc.
- Own and drive the lifecycle management of our technical inventory (e.g. servers, DBs, storage, patches, upgrades, technology components)
- Review and approve functional specifications created by delivery project teams
- Perform technical code reviews to ensure quality
- Responsible for maintaining solution integrity through the course of the project including controlling scope, managing solutions for change requests and clarifying solution capabilities during all delivery phases.
- Keep up-to-date on industry technology trends and modern software delivery techniques.
- 3+ years experience in hands-on application delivery with accountability for architect roles
- 3+ years experience in one more of the following areas, with demonstrated progression of responsibilities: Application management & Iterative/agile methodology
- 2+ years experience partnering with infrastructure and networking teams to define requirements for application development
- 3+ years experience years of experience in defining, creating and integrating high scale, large volume and reliable applications
- Communication – Oral and Written - Partnership skills
- Previous architecture experience
- Coding, design, testing experience (Java, J2EE)