- Milwaukee, WI
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Mali Gupta
POSITION DESCRIPTION-30 hours per week
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for supporting company’s social media initiatives in partnership with the Assistant Director of Internet Marketing. (S)he will be responsible for creating and maintaining new social media content, scheduling, disseminating and reporting on social content via company’s social media platform tools (Hearsay Social and Crimson Hexagon). (S)he will also be responsible for Facebook advertising as needs arise. In addition, (s)he will be responsible for supporting the execution of other related social programs that emerge.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
1) Possess strong working knowledge of all aspects of social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, video, web searches, etc.). Includes proficiency in setup, management, security/risk, media interactions, and content manipulation to bring greatest value to company and its field force.
2) Responsible for developing ideas and creative for social assets and managing creative development to be used by company’s field force. Content management responsibilities includes obtaining compliance review, posting content in select tools, securing analytical tagging and media links and providing insights and reporting as required.
3) Set up and manage of social media ad campaigns on Facebook.
4) Listens to and monitors conversations using Social media management tool (such as Crimson Hexagon or other social media monitoring tools across the entire internet landscape. Aggregates listening themes and conversations to inform key business stakeholders of consumer trends.
5) Assists with other projects as assigned by leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline.
• 3-5 years of experience in managing social media projects/programs within a corporate environment..
• Experience in running paid Facebook ads within a corporate environment.
• Excellent writing and ability to create editorial content at a moment’s notice.
• High standard of written and verbal communication.
• Solid understanding of Web and related technologies and interplay between social media management software and enterprise systems (analytics, CRM, web etc)
• Proficiency with Social Media tools such as Radian6, Crimson Hexagon, Spredfast, Sprinklr, HootSuite and others.
• Experience inspiring engagement, word of mouth, and dialogue.
• Familiarity with and awareness of nontraditional digital communications such as, blogs, podcasts and other user-generated content.
• Knowledge and experience with viral marketing and online guerilla marketing.