Over the years, our blue-chip Fortune 500 financial service company has been voted “Best Companies to Work For” by Asian Enterprises. Essence Magazine, Hispanic Magazine, amongst others. Additionally, a group of inspiring employees dedicated time and dollars to The Headstrong Project www.getheadstrong.org which provides counseling service for veterans with PTSD. Other non-profits that have received employee pro bono service include JumpStart: www.jstart.org and York Street Project: yorkstreetproject.org. Commerce and Humanity come together!
About This Role:
Our forward-thinking client is looking for a highly skilled UX Designer, who will be focused on delivering a rich, world-class user experience and part of the Digital Strategy Team. In this key role, you will be working in a fast-paced environment, responsible for designing engaging digital assets and high-quality visuals.
What You Will Do:
• Create and develop UX assets including wireframes, sitemaps, state transition diagrams, design pattern libraries and UI elements
• Develop workflows, information architecture, wireframes and prototypes, and other artifacts to describe the user experience
• Interpret business requirements to develop detailed wireframes and translate into visual designs that comply with design standard, including (as applicable) color palette usage, branding, imagery, layout, and typography.
• Present design thinking to business stakeholders to build consensus around specific solutions
• Contribute to visual design strategy for projects as well as collaborate within the UX team to continue to develop and improve visual design standards and UI patterns.
• Ensure all product designs meet usability objectives and user requirements and manage multiple projects at one time
• Work closely with the development team to ensure implementation matches designs.
• Deliver UI recommendations in the form of documentation, suggested page designs, story-boards, or a moderate level of prototyping
What You Need To Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following HCI, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design, and/or related fields
• 2-5 years of UX / IxD design experience
• Ability to translate business goals into elegant and intuitive interactive designs.
• Extensive knowledge of wire-framing and prototyping tools such as Axure or Omnigraffle, plus visual design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects effectively within deadlines and manage time and priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill
• A strong portfolio of previous work demonstrating evidence of design ownership in a corporate environment
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
• Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
• Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
• Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
• AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org