The Digital Copywriter is critical in supporting the voice and branding of pitneybowes.com, which educates prospective customers, maintains customer accounts and sells to new and recurring customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in writing a variety of content, following brand guidelines, SEO best practices, and UX copywriting strategies. As the Digital Copywriter, you’re a vital member of the dedicated User Experience team.
We are looking for a highly motivated team player with strong attention to detail and ability to self- manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Write and edit accurate, concise, and highly readable page content for new and existing products to enhance the user's online experience and promote key offerings
• Ability to plan and write UX content that drives conversions while aligning to client brand and project objectives
• Understand and support brand, tone, and voice throughout pitneybowes.com
• Ability to communicate complex information in a human and friendly way
• Understanding of web development-related issues such as SEO, accessibility, metrics, usability and navigation
• Understand design thinking and user experience.
• Take an approach to content that starts with customer empathy.
• Work collaboratively with designers to deliver quality solutions in a fast-paced environment
• Make content decisions based on customer insights and data.
• Analyse web copy and competitors activity to pinpoint new business opportunities.
• Outstanding organizational skills, project management expertise, excellent communication skills.
• Leverages Analytics to track site usage and recommends new strategies for improvement
• Research and develop content for our sector based audience, such as, Healthcare, Financial Services, Insurance and Retail.
Dimensions of the Position
Reports to: User Experience Director, Digital Marketing and Ecommerce
Scope of Responsibility: Geographic: Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific
Supervision: take direction from line manager and work on own initiative to drive specific initiatives
UX Manager Line Reporting
Digital Marketing Directors Stakeholder management
Business stakeholders – Client Operations, Ecommerce Partnering
Product Marketing Collaborative working
Business Knowledge/Educational Background
Experience of maintaining web copy and using a CMS (preferably Adobe Experience Manager) is essential, as is a minimum of 10 years’ experience in content marketing.
You will have an understanding of SEO and social media tools, a familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver etc.) and a working knowledge of online marketing
Qualifications and Training
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area and/or an appropriate relevant professional qualification.
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communication or a concentration in writing preferred
• 10+ years experience managing content and production for high traffic websites
• 10+ years online experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention to detail
• Ability to synthesize information into concise and compelling messages
• Practical knowledge of marketing best practices and industry trends as it relates to lead generation, digital conversion, social media and SEO
• At ease handling multiple projects, communicating with stakeholders, working individually and collaborating across teams.