- Job Terms:
- Depends On Experience
- posted by:
- Samantha McHale
STORE/RETAIL ENVIRONMENT DESIGNER
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 3 MONTHS
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL STORE/RETAIL ENVIRONMENT DESIGNER! **
Produce outstanding store designs for a regional market that upholds the Customer Experience meeting cost, schedule and operational requirements by working with a cross functional team.
- Executes Design strategy in design of retail stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results
- Contributes to Store Development Business Goals with Construction & Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from Construction and Real Estate based on direction from the Senior Leadership.
- Ensures alignment across cross functional teams and regional and market teams on individual store designs.
- Manages the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents. Responsible for the development of all schematic drawings and all store palettes for project type.
- Directly responsible for creating schematic design packages to company standards to direct consultants to create design development and construction drawings.
- Manages the production of construction documents by consultants. Ensures all intended scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings. Checks drawings for design intent. Conducts site visits as needed.
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents – 3 to 5 years
- Managing outside architectural, MEP and other design consultants
- Bachelor degree required in architectural, interior design, or related field
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles including experience with Revit, Autocad and sketchup
- Proficiency in Sketch-up and presentations skills required
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications
WE WELCOME REFERRALS! CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL POLICY HERE: $$$$ http://aquent.com/rewards/
WORKING WITH AQUENT
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)