- Bellevue, WA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Chessjuan Monk
As a Marketing Analyst on the LX Analytics team, you will provide critical analyses to support and influence the priorities of LX commercial team’s ongoing online retail and merchandising initiatives. You thrive at tackling complex business problems and mining actionable insights from large datasets despite the ambiguities.
• Assist with the delivery of marketing analytics projects optimizing across customer competitor and demand.
• Provide data driven decision support to the leadership as well as local marketing teams.
• Subject areas for analysis and recommendations for business action will include Return On Investment (ROI) for individual marketing channels, maximizing ROI across channels, optimizing marketing spend, and other areas, as assigned.
• Be an expert in marketing and customer data, analyze the full impact of marketing activities for multiple marketing channels across assigned web site/brand points of sale, and help internal customers in understanding trade-offs associated with the analytical solutions.
• Proactively engage with customers to assess existing and upcoming business needs and maintain regular communication to update customer on progress made on projects.
• Make intelligent trade-offs between resources available and provide innovative solutions to customers even in situations where all the desired data may or may not be available. Has overall responsibility for many significant marketing reports and analytical projects and acts independently to ensure these meet marketing teams’ needs.
• Collaborate with other functional teams, e.g., Finance and Site Analytics to understand the impact of analysis across multiple groups and business.
• Share expertise and best practices with analytical functions across business to develop sound strategies to deliver on future projects.
Our Fortune 500 travel client who is one of the world’s leading travel companies, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s most trusted online travel brands.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Analyzing site health, traffic sources, and conversion drivers
• Measuring the performance of ongoing merchandising efforts
• Sizing the impacts of new initiatives and defining the success metrics
• Developing sound hypotheses and analytical frameworks in answering business questions
• Conducting ad-hoc analyses and troubleshooting data issues when needed Requirements
• At least 1 year of data analysis experience required
• Solid SQL and Excel skills required, with proven ability to manipulate large datasets, perform in-depth analysis, and synthesize results
• Strong problem solver with the ability to develop hypothesis, collect and analyze data and develop recommendations
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills and comfortable presenting analyses and recommendations to various audiences
• Ability to work in a fast-paced organization and maintain deadlines
• Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture and Google Analytics preferred
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and Qlikview is a plus
• Knowledge of the online travel landscape or retail industry is a plus
• Knowledge of statistics is a plus
• BS degree or higher in Business, Statistics, Information Science, Operations Research, or other quantitative disciplines preferred