Here is a great opportunity to expand your skills and contribute to a Team that appreciates excellence. Our Fortune 500 financial and insurance client, whose brand brings to life their role as a trusted partner as one navigates life’s twists and turns to over 70 million customers around the world - is in need of a long term Consumer Journey Insights Researcher. This role is onsite in NYC, 40 hours a week, 1 year with opportunity to extend.
This icon brand is under-going a ‘brand refresh’ with the goal to simplify the customer’s web experience. As a Consumer Journey Insights Researcher, you will investigate what customers are looking for when they visit the website; is it to purchase insurance products, compare prices, or research on topics of insurance. As a Researcher, you will work within the Global Brand and Science of Marketing Research Team - which is at the intersection of service design, design-thinking and experience research.
About This Role:
• In this role, you will identify triggers, needs, attitudes, behaviors, drivers of preference, pain-points and touch-points that consumers experience throughout their journeys
• Work with global partners to understand current journeys of consumers - in the context of their cultures, behaviors and attitudes – in order to create impactful and meaningful experiences
• Establish standardized Enterprise practices (standards, guidelines, communications, training, etc.) including process to generate new products and services (beyond apps and websites) that will generate efficiencies and higher success rate in launches using Journey Map practices in the development of current/future state maps
• Partner globally with Lines of Business, Corporate Functions and Consumer Experience & Design to ensure insights feed the development and execution of products, services and user experiences.
• As Consumer Journey Insights Researcher, you will synthesize information gathered from consumers and stakeholders to ultimately deliver strategic insights enterprise-wide. Through user interviews, contextual inquiries, ethnographic research, diary studies, quantitative data, stakeholder/subject matter expert interviews, and workshops (kick-off, ideation, prioritization, etc.) you will holistically ‘connect the dots’ and uncover strategic information to be shared with the enterprise
• Work with partners to understand their ultimate goals and recommend a course of action – e.g., generative / discovery research vs. concept testing, vs. survey, etc.
• Overall Session Planning: effective execution/implementation of selected methodology - e.g., recruiting matrix, interview guides, generative / discovery research methods, prototypes, etc.
• Conduct stakeholder ideation/discovery workshops to understand business needs, goals, etc.
• Analyze business processes and advocate on behalf of the customer to ensure a consistent and valuable experience for each customer across touch-points
• Drive research through engaging presentations of findings and actionable recommendations, development of archetypes, personas, user journey maps, techno-graphic segmentation, competitive landscape analysis to facilitate workshops.
• Moderate workshops and interviews with stakeholders, customers, and development of related materials
• Leverage data from Voice of Customer feedback platforms (OpinionLab, ClickTale, NPS, etc.) by identifying common trends/behaviors and develop an understanding of user needs, pain points and barriers.
• Review RFPs and SOWs of competing vendors to ensure alignment with collective approach and methodology.
• Partner with global partners, specifically Ireland and Japan
• Light Domestic Travel
What Experience You Need To Have:
• 5+ years of experience in planning and conducting user research sessions, stakeholder interviews and workshops; effectively translating research data into compelling reports that convey effective stories experience.
• Experience with research methodologies and experience in tailoring methodology recommendations
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Solid understanding of Service Design, Journey Mapping, Design-Thinking, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors/HCI, Anthropology or related area.
• Strong relationship building skills
• Experience and knowledge of financial services sector a plus and proficiency in languages other than English is a plus
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
• Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
• Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
• Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
• AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com