- Redwood Shores or San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
Our client's in-house interactive team is in search of a talented and responsible Digital Design Director with a strong background in creating innovated web-based designs for premiere B2B brands with a keen eye towards mobile and responsive design techniques.
This is a dream job for an experienced Digital Marketing Design Director – you’ll get to make a real impact at an enterprise level company creating image production efficiencies for all of our client’s marketing digital touch points.
You thrive among thinkers, dreamers, designers, storytellers, inventors, artists, superheroes, font nerds, and developers. You're not afraid to be disruptive and push yourself outside your comfort zone to put your creative superpowers to use for a good cause.
You have a healthy disregard for the status quo and thrive in an environment that encourages calculated risk. You distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant visual solutions that work across multiple mediums.
You are a pioneer in new technology, unexpected ideas and pushing boundaries in your quest for continued innovation. You're passionate about elegant design that is rooted in strategy, telling meaningful stories. You are a design thinker.
What’s in it for you:
• make a big impact on a major high-tech's brand on all digital marketing properties
• run with a talented and fun team that gets to innovate and define branding on digital, web, and mobile solutions
• and get paid (well) for doing it
What you’ll be doing:
• manage a team of Sr Digital Designers creating innovative and effective design solutions, including supporting all web image production for all of our client’s marketing websites, image galleries, events, social media, and new product launches
• create innovative and effective design solutions, including website redesign efforts with a key eye on overall unifying branding and UX patterns
• collaborate with design, UX, font end and editorial teams to marry design with content
• successfully extend designs across different devises: desktop, tablet, mobile, via responsive and native design techniques
• provide senior-level leadership, design, and strategic creative solutions to a team of digital designers
• brainstorm in a team environment to develop creative concepts
• present to internal clients and senior executives
• drive brand consistency while creating new digital design patterns
• 8+ years design experience in an agency working on technology clients and/or with a technology company (or a premium brand)
• strong leadership skills and inspiring positive energy
• be a self starter. Manage time wisely with an eye for detail. Thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• ability to adopt and understand corporate branding and brand guidelines to web properties
• strong mobile responsive and native application design experience
• good understanding of coding technologies and responsive coding capabilities
• strong spoken and written English communication skills
• able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Muse, and Animate
• working knowledge of CSS and HTML a plus
• a clean and modern design aesthetic is preferred
• a sense of humor and good listening skills a plus