- Silicon Valley or San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Kylie Sarpa
The Brand Creative team for one of the world’s most recognized technology companies is seeking a Senior Brand Designer to develop brand concepts and execute designs systems for sports marketing initiatives, including special engagement with a variety of local sports teams. Brand concept development and design execution opportunities will also be available in support of special executive initiatives that range from corporate foundation and estate projects to developing and curating a brand art collection, to executive office branding. Additionally global marketing and corporate event initiatives, including customer appreciation concerts with marquee talent.
As part of our team, you’d be turning abstract technical concepts, business challenges and opportunities, and customer centric messages into innovative, strategy-driven visual stories for a global audience that will be translated into robust brand systems.
Each of your projects will present an opportunity to push your creative limits, solve sports and corporate marketing communications problems, and infuse the brand with energy and innovation.
Creativity Is Your Priority
You live and breathe creative problem solving and branding. You know how to balance innovative thinking, sports themes, marketing strategies, and project requirements. You can translate complex concepts into impactful, clearly communicated visual brand experiences, in small, medium and large media.
As part of our dedicated team, you’ll be a key contributor in an agency-style creative group, working directly with the VP, Executive Creative Director, Production Designer and Project Manager. On any given day, you’ll be:
· Creating modern, inspiring, and unexpected visual design solutions to showcase our marquee sports marketing portfolio of programs
· Translating innovative technology and enterprise cloud services into meaningful and relevant design systems
· Working closely with top-notch outside illustrators and photographers to fully realize your creative vision
· Contributing to the creative brief and facilitating creative dialogue all the way through
· Providing guidance for the use of your design concepts in video, online, events, and social and emerging platforms, via your well-articulated brand guidelines
· Grounding your work in strategic thinking. You’ll have opportunities to learn about new technologies, discuss the company’s strategic goals, and conduct competitive research
· Leading conceptual brainstorming and visual explorations that include mood boards, drawings, and sketches and ongoing dialog with your extended
· Taking responsibility for quality control in the execution all creative deliverables
· Providing design-mentorship to production designer
· Staying abreast of current design trends and technologies to inform your work and inspire the creative team
Project Management Responsibilities
You’ll have Project and Traffic Management support but you’ll be expected to also contribute to efficient project work flow, driving multiple projects at once
Present and substantiate your work throughout the development process, while always staying open to feedback
Participate in strategic briefings, prepare materials and discussion points for creative sessions, and create engaging client presentations, including mood boards and concept reviews
Work efficiently and effectively and deliver work on time
Collaborate with Executive Creative Director to improve best practices and processes to facilitate creative dialogue, collaboration, and consensus
An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative and original design solutions and visual story telling
A passion for clean, functional, impactful, contemporary yet sophisticated design
A strong understanding of brand and design systems, composition, and color, with a keen eye for typography and photography, and meticulous attention to detail
Excellent sketching and rendering skills
Proven ability to articulate design concepts effectively to both internal and external audiences
An understanding and respect for brand guidelines balanced by an ability to push them and redefine them in creative, unexpected ways
Ability to establish professional relationships with illustrators, photographers, and production staff
Effective communication skills (both in conversation and in writing)
7+ years experience with a design studio, advertising agency or corporate design group
BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
Highly competent with Adobe Creative Suite
Background check required if selected.
Onsite in Silicon Valley or San Francisco.