- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Zoe Mote
**(writing samples of instructions you have written for IT Pro or consumer audience is required)
Writes about general interest topics or draws upon specialized knowledge in a non-technical area to produce information online or in print.
• Create content in engineering that tells customers how to do things fix things that are broken, work on UI themselves, create text documents, partner with marketing, videos, scripts
• Creating core “how to” content for products shipping right now, core content that customers are begging us for existing and currently shipping products, materials that will provide screen shots on how to present the content
• Typical Day: 40-60% creating content, remainder is collaborating and testing (gathering requirements), mostly new content but inventory on old content, meeting frequently throughout the week, high ambiguity, low ownership, overlapping on many things
About the Team
• We are an education team – poised to make a difference in classroom and school for software
• Small and motivated engineering team with opportunity to heave strong influence, not just creating a mountain of content but influence how the product is made
• 6-7 designers, 3 main PMs
• 2-3 years’ work related experience – demonstrated ability to write content in the designated area (writing samples required)
• Office 365 tools – Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Content management systems experience
• Experience within an agile software development
• Familiarity with one or more standard style guides and must be able to write to the specified style guide/format.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or related area preferred.
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to work under deadline pressure.