- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Gina Bottone
Aquent is the world's largest and most successful boutique staffing firm specializing in the creative and marketing field. We place our Talent in contract and contract to hire engagements ranging from 2 days to 2 years! We offer the industry's best benefits including medical, dental and vision as well as a 401k plan! Our Talent rave about these subsidized benefits! We also offer an outstanding referral bonus program where you can earn thousands of dollars just for knowing and referring talented friends!
Position- Associate Brand Director
Location- San Francisco Bay area
Duration- Expected to convert from a contract assignment to a permanent position
Hourly pay rate range- DOE
Annual salary after conversion from a contract assignment to perm position- DOE
Benefits- Subsidized medical, dental, vision and 401k. Once you convert to a perm employee, you'll receive the client's benefits package
Our client is a leader in technology and cloud computing industry with more than 420,000 customers and deployments in more than 145 countries. It offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. The company offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business.
In this role you will garner consensus across groups. They're looking for candidates with a B2B brand and communications background. In this role you'll be involved in all types of initiatives such as: Cloud ERP, corporate events, brand positioning for partner network program, corporate citizenship, product branding, and more. Qualified candidates will have Fortune 500 technology experience.
This is a unique opportunity to join an established, high-performing team of strategic creatives who are reshaping and enabling modern business around the world. This role is part of the brand management team responsible for ensuring the company's brand and ensuring that its value is tangible, relevant, and compelling to a broad range of audiences.
Lead by identifying trends and defining the rules; excel by breaking them when they become irrelevant. Leverage your proven talent and experience in brand strategy, messaging development, and copy development to break new ground in brand storytelling and brand marketing through a diverse portfolio of initiatives and media.
Strategic Brand Management
1. Assume the role of brand storyteller and evangelist, blending positioning, messaging, and industry trends into a clear, tangible narrative that will be shared with colleagues, stakeholders, and agency partners
2. Design, curate, and maintain an integral brand architecture, focusing on:
◦ Participating in product, event, and program naming
◦ Clarifying the relationships and hierarchy of company's portfolio brands
◦ Helping guide acquisition integration
◦ Monitoring and adjusting to strategic portfolio shifts coming from executive leadership
3. Stewardship and training of company's brand voice
1. Develop key messaging and positioning for strategic product offerings and programs
2. Write public-facing taglines and key copy points
3. Collaborate with UX team on delivering content strategy for digital projects
4. Work with video team to review scripts and storyboards for maximum impact
· Considerable experience in managing enterprise-scale brand portfolios
· Proven track record of key messaging and strategic positioning
· Hands-on experience in creating public-facing taglines, copy points, scripts, headlines, web copy, and other brand marketing assets
· Understanding of digital content strategy and its relationship with UX and design
· Experience working within and navigating fast-paced, opinionated, multi-layered, distributed organizations
· History of conceptualizing and translating complex ideas into clear marketing assets
· Comfort and experience in speaking to groups of colleagues and stakeholders
· Proven experience in crafting and executing communication plans to accompany branding and design project roll outs
· Writing with brevity, energy, and clarity
· Creating new ideas from scratch
· Public speaking
· Conducting competitive analysis
· Leading reviews with stakeholders
· Providing critical, constructive feedback to creative design
· Maintaining positive collaboration with a network of teams and stakeholders
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
As a key member of the Marketing Mgmt team, direct the development of company marketing programs.
Provide effective performance management: set clear goals for all staff, provide regular feedback on performance and conduct a formal appraisal at the conclusion of the fiscal year. Manage the activities of the staff according to overall marketing strategies and budgets; through motivation and maintaining high level of individual / team performance. Implement organizational changes in line with changing business and market needs.
Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas of sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Software business management experience. Sales and Marketing experience in the IT industry. E-business + Internet practical know-how. Professional credentials in Marketing, Academic credentials desirable. Past experience in Sales desirable.
Travel: 25 % of the Time
WORKING WITH AQUENT
(Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things):
You're paid weekly
Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
Access to Fidelity 401(k)
Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward public transportation passes, etc.)
Direct deposit for your paycheck
Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations.