- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Suzy Thompson
Contract with potential for extension or perm with Fortune 500 Tech company in San Francisco!
Our Client's Marketing Optimization Team is in a unique position to provide the Marketing organization with actionable and data-driven insights and recommendations. Our mission is to help marketers analyze and optimize their marketing efforts to create more meaningful engagements with more of their audience. We are proud to have a direct measurable impact on the performance of marketing programs and we are passionate about driving results.
We’re looking for outstanding candidates to join our group and participate in transforming marketing by making it both more data-driven and more personal.
• Work with marketing stakeholders to analyze the performance of marketing channels and create actionable optimization recommendations.
• Drive the strategy, implementation and analysis of Testing (A/B, multivariate) to drive performance lifts.
• Create/design marketing assets and experiences (landing pages/emails/display ads).
• Evangelize your findings throughout the org chart, inspiring marketing leaders to adopt data-proven strategies, and helping teams execute them effectively.
Top 3 Characteristics of a Strong Candidate
• You have a strong understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem and all of its main channels. You have experience optimizing multi-channels programs across the full buyer's journey.
• You are conversion-oriented (the “CRO” mindset). You have the ability to connect and optimize multi-touch experiences to achieve a single conversion goal.
• You are a strong communicator who turns data and analysis into storytelling for business stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications
• Expertise with Adobe Analytics (Google Analytics at a minimum) for web analysis
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, or equivalent) for the design of marketing assets (emails, web landing pages, ad creatives, etc.)
• Advanced Excel user (pivot and other), Adobe Target/Optimizely, A/B testing tools
• Understanding of the online advertising ecosystem including retargeting, social advertising, etc.
• Strong understanding of all digital marketing KPIs
• Experience with Marketing Automation and its capabilities including the use of behavioral triggers is a plus
6 signs that you are the right candidate
1. You like to tackle the big questions: You’d rather work on an issue than an assignment. You love figuring out the complex ramifications of a problem, understanding the real questions behind the question. You love to plan, try, fail and adapt the plan.
2. You see clearly through complex data: Within 10 minutes of opening a monster excel file you just exported, you’ve pivoted it beyond recognition, and you’ve spotted 3 caveats and know how they affect the rest of the data. You’ve highlighted in green the six cells that actually matter and you can translate them into plain English or a relevant graph.
3. You’re curious about people: You can harness the power of data, but you also know its limits. You know when you need to do a reality check. You are proficient with the modern marketer’s tools and can collect great personal insights online. You can also pick up the phone and have an engaging talk with a stakeholder to run through some of your ideas or take them out for coffee and dig deep into the pains and joys of their work life.
4. You want to develop innovative strategies: When you have developed data-driven knowledge about the market and real insight into the customer’s mind, you are excited to bring the two together. You’re able to articulate a clear strategy that will effectively capture customer attention and revenue.
5. You aren’t satisfied until strategies become real: You know that it takes more than a PowerPoint and bullet point recommendations to change the world. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and get things done with marketing teams.
6. You thrive on change: You adapt to the environment around you. Where others see a threat to the status quo, you see an opportunity to innovate and get ahead of the curve. More than that: you want to be the person who sparks change in the way you get the job done, the way our client addresses its customers, and the way customers imagine, design and create a better world.
10 Things That Describe You
1. Business Acumen
2. Customer focused
3. Strong communicator
5. Marketing innovator
6. Creative thinker
7. Problem solver
8. Impact driven
10. User experience savvy
Education & experience
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Stats, or a related field
• 5-8 years of experience, preferably in roles combining analytics, research, marketing and strategy
• Fluency in Microsoft excel & SQL a plus