- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Up to $43/hr. DOE
- posted by:
- Heather Farrin
Pay: Up to 43/hr. DOE
Duration: 9 month contract on-site at client location
The Content team supports 50+ launches per quarter and we have a critical need for more writers to keep up with the core workload and support strategic projects.
Specifically, to support a critical launch next year, we will need writers to create UI text and help documentation. This is a short-term need until the roll-out is complete later in 2017.
We also have a goal to optimize 50-80% of our top help articles for in-product and mobile platforms (250-300 articles).
Our hypothesis is that content optimized for those platforms will produce a better user experience and encourage users to take more high-value actions within their account.
We aim to shift 50% of our Help Center traffic to these platforms by end of year and therefore need to work on preparing our content for that shift over the next 2 quarters.
The Content Strategy and Development team creates and publishes customer-focused content to empower users to grow their businesses using our Ads services.
We are looking for a skilled writer who can communicate with our small-business advertisers and create clear, friendly UI text and help documentation for new features.
- Support documentation content strategy, writing/editing and content publishing
- Writing / editing of user interface text
- H/S Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Content Strategist/Editor or as a Technical Writer
- Comfortable using HTML and content management systems
- Experience with online content, production or marketing communications
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, solid understanding of user-experience principles
Background check required if selected.