- Lake Forest, IL
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Kate Gottfried
Our pharmacutical client is looking for a Label Editor to join their team in Lake Forest. The primary function of the Label Editor is the creation or modification of quality artwork for all levels of product labeling for products manufactured at most US plants (drugs and consumable products). This position provides input on label design and format to maintain good labeling practices in alignment with FDA regulations and our client's style guides. This position also supports 3rd party and One to One label development, as applicable.
Experience & Knowledge Essential:
- Create or modify artwork files based on label copy mark ups in conjunction with templates, drawings, specifications.
- Ensure spelling, punctuation, dimensions, geometry, all aspects of bar coding, copy direction; copy placement, copy layout, formatting and spacing align with the mark up.
- Meet project deadlines while ensuring artwork accuracy to minimize versions and cycle time and reduce errors.
- Interpret engineering drawings, specifications/masters and reference materials to create proper packaging layouts and templates.
- Analyze drawings for proper application to artwork
- Strictly follow the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the development of artwork files, file maintenance and security.
- Maintain a working knowledge of desktop publishing software, typesetting equipment and the supplier printing processes.
- Consistently provide open communication on the progress of projects with the labeling supervisor, co-workers and label editors.
- Ensure deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Ensure proper good documentation practices and audit trail processes are followed.
- Ability to create multi-lingual artwork, use of international fonts and punctuation.
• Design skills
• Typography skills
• Knowledge of applications used to create the package design
• Print production knowledge
• Attention to detail
• Customer service
• Ability to interpret product drawings, label commodity
• 3-5 years graphic experience specifications and master specifications.
• Associates Degree in Graphic Design or computer design
• Regulated product labeling is required for all levels of packaging in the manufacture of our client's products.
• Receives general direction daily, receives feedback on projects.
• Organize workload
• Direction on goals and performance
Top 3 critical skills:
- Ability to create & Modify artwork files in conjunction with templates, drawings and specifications
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management, ability to adapt and reprioritize