- Redmond, Wa
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jack Coleman
Growth in the Motorsports e-sports program has created the need for the recruitment of a Program Manager.
The Program Manager will support the e-sports team to successfully plan and coordinate the growing schedule of competitive events as well as the long-term e-sports plan for the business.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in gaming (competitive or professional gaming a plus), have strong organizational skills and the ability to work with a diverse set of personalities and teams, including third-party teams.
In order to succeed, you will need to continually evolve, document, drive and sometimes create new processes needed to ensure events and broadcasts (live-streams) so the eSports team can deliver the broadcasts and competitive events at the highest quality. . Attention to detail, bias for action, flexibility, and the ability to keep the team organized and well informed are key.
• Work with the Senior Program Manager of e-sports to plan and execute world-class competitions
• Establish and manage a schedule of events and deliverables required.
• Work across business groups to coordinate key internal stakeholders (including Production, Marketing, PR, Partner and Business Development, Community, and others) to effectively and thoroughly execute on e-sports objectives
• Create and maintain the project schedule; ensure teams are on track with their deliverables. Keep the team aware of milestones deliverables and goals through all phases of development.
• Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires.
To summarize, this role will own the day-to-day process of eSports execution including managing calendars, setting up and running meetings, processing and delivering meeting notes, and providing feedback, with the ultimate goal of ensuring that all teams are working on-schedule against their deliverables.
• At least one AAA title shipped in a Production role from start to finish.
• The ability to work in a fast paced environment. You must embrace ambiguity and take action.
• Proven ability to plan, create and maintain a highly effective production schedule for multiple disciplines in all phases of development, from concept to completion.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a master at conflict resolution.
• Capable of balancing a project’s production requirements within budget and staff limitations while ensuring high production values are never compromised.
• Ability to demonstrate strong project and time management skills, with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, multitask, and meet deadlines.
• Enthusiastic, positive, and team oriented.
• Competitive gaming and prior e-sports experience a plus
• Gameshare and Sharepoint experience a plus