- Mississauga, ON
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Annie Lucia
Are you passionate about empowering people to achieve more using technology? Are you skilled in digital storytelling, engagement, content creation, analytics, and community facilitation? Does driving innovation in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment sound like a dream job? Then look no further!
This exciting role of Digital Community Manager – Consumer will join the Canada Digital Marketing team as a key member of centralized group, which manages the digital & social channels on behalf of our brand’s Business Groups (BGs) and Segments, focusing on consumer audiences. The Digital Community Manager – Consumer will serve as the voice of our brand to our Canadian customers.
• Owning Social Media editorial calendar (planning, ideation, execution & reporting at both national & local levels)
• Listening, posting & responding to our customers / followers through a variety of social media channels
• Managing paid social campaigns across social media platforms to execute against organization objectives (including execution, optimization and performance reporting)
• Playing a leadership role in collaborating and coordinating activities with both Canadian and Global Social Marketing teams
• Owning Audience Access process for groups looking to communicate with our Social Audiences (eg. product / audience marketers, MarCom, Sales, customer service & CorpCom)
• Creating and curating customer-centric digital content across a variety of formats (blogs, infographics, images, videos)
• Creating the digital/social extension of in-person events
• Ongoing social listening & influencer outreach
• Tracking, reporting, analysis, generating actionable insights and learnings
• Using Social Technology tools (eg. Sprinklr, Simply Measured)
• Collaborating with agency partners to plan, ideate & execute activities
• Provide ongoing competitive benchmarking, best practices and innovation ideas to team
• Staying abreast of digital/social trends
Relevant Skills and experiences:
• 2-3 years’ experience in social media and/or digital communications and engagement, preferably in a consumer
• Demonstrated superior writing and content creation skills. Understanding of content formats across all social platforms.
• Experience in managing paid social media campaigns end-to-end, including tactic identification, campaign launch, optimization and reporting.
• Strong analytical skills – leveraging past results, industry insights and business objectives to build meaningful campaigns
• Nose for news – using social listening tools to strategically create locally relevant, brand relevant ”right time” engagements
• Keen understanding of and passion for using social platforms for customer outreach and support.
• Community management rock star: ability to create engagement and discussion, connect networks and individuals, provide value to social media audiences.
• Understanding of the customer journey/sales cycle in commercial and consumer.
• Project Management skills - Good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; high level of collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
• Energetic self-starter, with bias for action and ability to adapt to a transforming business.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism and/or relevant work experience
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Background & knowledge in consumer technology and the product offering
• Bilingualism is not required but a key asset
• Currently publish a personal blog or other form of digital content on consistent basis
• Customer research experience
• Experience with relevant technology & reporting tools
• Flexible work hours (as some activities will require support outside traditional 9am-5pm)