- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jessica Wolcott
Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other units / teams / projects. Typically assigned to strategic / complex undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term outcomes that regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity.
• Conducts projects in any area of the online organization
• Guides multi-disciplinary project teams in the achievement of project objectives for larger more complex, or more strategic, projects or programs.
• Facilitates team information and work flow. Participates in removing barriers to timely and cost effective project completion.
• Develops and documents project schedules, milestones and budgets for team. Typically shares budget, schedule, milestone and cost / benefit decision-making responsibilities, but not accountability, with executives and managers.
• Communicates project status to stakeholders.
• Writes technical specifications. Coordinates and tracks technology project resources, staff, assets and schedules to ensure timely project outcomes. Assists team members and leaders in making cost / benefit decisions.
• Leads project meetings.
• Participates in developing business approaches and new or enhanced approaches and/or tools.
• Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions. Presents issues to and works with management to resolve critical resource conflicts.
• Mentors less experienced members of the team. Serves as a resource to other technical project managers to resolve complex problems. May lead other technical project managers on large projects.
• Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of project/program management experience
• Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
• Experience prioritizing and performing multiple tasks in time-critical situations
• Experience developing new business models and opportunities; defining, developing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications.
• At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets for projects.
• At least 2 years of experience managing project risks.
• At least 3 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
• Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
• 3+ years experience as a Program Manager on a Web or mobile application software development team
• Strong communication, project management, and organizational skills
• Ability to quickly understand new businesses and provide model for prioritizing requests
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and trouble-shooting skills
• Experience with SCRUM or other Agile software development methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies rapidly (self starter)
• Ability to influence others without authority and to move forward despite ambiguity
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Experience collaborating with disparate business stakeholders
• Excellent knowledge of mobile technologies
• Experience collaborating with executives and upper level management
• Experience collaborating with software development engineers and technical operations
• Experience managing Web applications, Web sites over multiple releases
• Experience managing Mobile applications over multiple releases
• Experience with Web servers, Web browsers, and Web architecture
• Experience with Object Oriented design and development
• BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related area