- Stamford, CT
- Job Terms:
- up to $25/hour
- posted by:
- Heather Farrin
Our client, an American research and advisory technology firm headquartered in Stamford, is seeking a Project Manager - Event Strategy & Operations for a 8-month assignment.
This position will support the Event Strategy and Operations team by focusing on initiatives and projects supporting the Symposium/ITxpo event portfolio. This individual will manage technology initiatives focusing on real time attendee engagement and work to scale these consistently across the global events. This individual will also have a heavy focus on attendee projections and capacity planning to ensure we are creating the best event experience for all attendees. This position will work across various teams in reporting the current attendee numbers and explain the current projections.
• Partner with Global Logistic, Operations, and Exhibitor Services team to facilitate and execute real time engagement technologies and strategies across the Symposium/ITxpo Portfolio
• Oversee the process management of integrating new technologies and experiences within the Symposium/ITxpo events to ensure a consistent and successful execution.
• Performs assessments and evaluations on all real time engagement strategy, looks for enhancements and areas of opportunities.
• Prepares weekly reports on attendee numbers, projections, and validates accuracy to communicate to the global leadership team.
• Collaborates with logistic teams to determine food & beverage guarantees and on-site attendance
Job Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-4 years experience in project management, data analytics, event or conference experience is preferred
• Data-driven, and excel at using numbers to tell a story.
• Advanced experience with Excel required: pivots, vLookup, and complex formulas used for modeling should be no sweat for you.
• Data accuracy – attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to effectively resolve issues – end to end
• Ability to efficiently prioritize and plan work activities in a dynamic work environment.
• Consistent demonstration of integrity, collaboration, no-limits mind-set, objectivity, and delivering results consistently
• Fact Driven Problem Solving – ability to analyze complex situations or data and generates sound business solutions. Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Continuous Improvement – is constantly looking for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work output and decisions.
• Drive for Results / Action & Solution-Oriented - “gets stuff done” in a proactive manner. A consistent focus on the end result and manages barriers to execution.
• Communication – excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate complex topics in a thoughtful, actionable way.
***Background check is required for this position.***
*** Submit your resume and elevator pitch describing your credentials for this particular role. Use the job description as your guide.***