- Mississauga, On
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Annie Lucia
Works with the Business Group (BG) Marketing, PR Lead, Citizenship and Marketing and Operations leads in a subsidiary, region or business group to develop communications strategy and plans for specific products or services. This includes:
o Strategy for driving perception changing media coverage and top stories;
o Strategy for digital PR techniques;
o Strategy for senior management outreach and activities;
Strategic management of PR plans;
Creation of effective media training;
Managing the subsidiary PR agency(s).
• Serves as a trusted advisor on strategy for product/technical PR for a subsidiary, region or business group.
• Drives strategy for engaging with top-tier media, online influencials and maintains relationships with key journalists.
• Manages local subsidiary corporate social/digital media platforms and works with team to set direction and strategy for the sub with respect to usage and messaging across social media platforms
• Drives media and storytelling training and execution among key country stakeholders.
• Acts as a liaison between the subsidiary, region or business group and the Corporate PR team on reactive or opportunistic issues related to the products represented in this role.
• Is accountable to the subsidiary PR Lead, BG Marketing Manager and Marketing lead to localize the relevance of stated corporate business goals, having a maximum PR impact in a specific subsidiary or region.
• Manages budget for subsidiary or business group PR related to products and services represented in this role.
• Manages resources at PR agency.
• 3-5 years PR experience specifically citizenship and public affairs role (highly desired)
• 3-5 years PR experience working within a non-profit org. (secondly profile to the one above)
• PR experience within the technology industry a strong asset
• Proven understanding and existing relationships with the Canadian media landscape
• Strong social media experience - understanding how to use and engage this field to support/drive PR efforts.
• News hungry - always interested and learning about the industry and applying that knowledge to PR efforts
• Self motivated, driven, strong collaborator, excellent written and verbal skills
• Knowledge of the technology industry including knowledge of Company products and services and experience managing digital/social media platforms