- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Tova Dodge
Do you put human needs and motivations at the center of your design thinking? Are you delighted when the gadgets in your world take care of the little things for you? Do you see technology as a tool for amplifying and enhancing the things that make us human--giving us superpowers? We are a team of multidisciplinary designers at the forefront of designing future experiences and best of all, we’re hiring.
Our studios are large, open spaces where designers, developers and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences that integrate content, software, hardware, and services. Interaction, motion, experience and visual designers team up to share ideas and work on Operating Systems, Web, Mobile, console, and augmented reality and more stuff that we can't talk about. If you're excited about expanding your design skills across visual, interaction, and motion design--we want to talk to you.
We are looking for individuals who can visually marshal their intuition, experience and passion to articulate and deliver experiences that improve the ways our customers of tomorrow live, work and play. Expect a dynamic, fluid environment where collaboration, communication, creativity (and Hi-Chews) are key.
As a Visual Product Designer you’ll help ideate and design breakthrough experiences and creative solutions that impact how millions of people use our products and services every single day. You should have a fresh design aesthetic with an impeccable eye for graphic and interactive design, typography, color and motion expressed through a confident mixing of 2D and 3D approaches. We need a Visual Product Designer who can pick up wireframes and make them come to life with creative visual prowess. This includes not only bringing a clean visual treatment but also redlining designs for and with our amazing software engineers.
We’re looking for a designer who can bring delightful visual experiences across multiple form factors and fully capable of communicating your ideas using a wide variety of methods.
You will work closely with our studio Art Director along with other fantastic designers (UX, Visual, Motion, 3D, Research) to push the vision of the product.
• Collaborate and assist in the production of art targets, redlines, comps, flows, explorations, vision demos and prototypes which establish and drive product-wide concepts, brand narratives, and experience value propositions.
• Bring your passion for visual innovation and creative exploration each and every day.
• Collaborate and provide feedback to other artists and designers on the team
• Work closely and iteratively with developers to ensure design quality, accuracy and consistency
• A history of designing delightful interactive experiences (web + mobile)
• Confident ability to create concept art, storyboards, sketches, animatics, assemble reference and mood boards
• Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers
• Self-motivated and comfortable with the ambiguities inherent in incubation work
• Knowledge of human-centered design approaches and interaction design methodologies
• Strong brainstorming skills, from participation to execution
• A strong interest in design and technology and trends, with an eye toward the future
• Solid understanding and practice of an Art / Creative process as well as development processes
• Task driven, self-motivated, proactive and works well under deadline pressure
• Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills
• 3+ years of experience as a Visual or Interactive Designer
• You’re familiar with design sites and resources such as Behance, 99U, It’s Nice That, Creative Mornings, Flipboard, Dribble and Giffy
• You’re super hungry to make something that will truly change the world
• You lead with kindness
• You know who Jon Snow’s father is