- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Chris Woodbridge
WEB PRODUCER ABLE TO WORK FLEX HOURS FOR ONE OF THE NATIONS LARGEST NON PROFITS: Client is seeking an experienced and consumer-facing web journalist to edit and produce content for aarp.org and associated channels. The successful candidate will be a top-notch editorial thinker skilled in SEO, who is able to conceive and create great content (practical, inspirational, and aspirational) for people striving to live their best lives after age 50.
• Be able to work onsite 11:00am-4:30pm and then 5:30 to 8:30 remote with flexibility to work late, early, weekends, where needed.
• Must be able to handle emerging content with urgency and focus on meeting time sensitive deadlines
• Advocacy/Government experience a plus
• **SIGNIFICANT ** editorial experience, including several years in a web environment; experience working in magazines or newspapers a big plus.
• Proven Strong Experience with both SEO and Producing
• Must play extremely well with others (up, down, and sideways) in a complex organization and be utterly unflappable.
• Experience working in a large membership and/or advocacy organization also a plus.
• Creation (aid with creation) and development of content for aarp.org channels
• Coordinate web projects across departments
• Edits and produces articles and other content
• Ensures that editorial and legal standards for content are met and maintained
• Enters content into content management system
• Liaison with other teams within the organization
• 5+ years professional experience (or equivalent)
• 3+ years experience with content management systems
• Deep understanding of online communications and marketing and social media
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Team player
• Passion, integrity, energy!
• Minimum Technical Skill/Background: General experience with Web content production tools (Web editors, CMS, etc); 3+ years using large-scale CMS (e.g., Communique, Vignette, Teamsite, etc).