- Toronto, ON
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Robin Mortenson
Corporate Communications Manager is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of all external and internal communications within Canada designed to support the corporation’s growth objectives, increase visibility and enhance the company’s image/reputation with business, technology and industry trade press and key stakeholders.
Activities will include: proactive and reactive media relations; support of product, innovation, marketing and CSR initiatives, client and employee communications in Canada, speech writing; logistics and coordination related to executive speaking opportunities; development of press releases, fact sheets, key messages, executive briefing documents, web content and other collateral materials.
The Manager is responsible for monitoring industry news and competitors; identifying emerging issues; and proactively developing and maintaining appropriate relationships with relevant media and other key groups.
This is an individual contributor role and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
• Provide results-oriented PR support for product and innovation efforts.
• Lead product, innovation and marketing PR efforts through proactive and reactive media and analyst relations activities, executive visibility support, and development/execution of programs to raise awareness and drive usage of products.
• Develop and execute Canada-specific and/or global programs to support products and services to influence the behavior of clients.
• Develop and execute communications programs including proactive media campaigns, articles, social media content and stakeholder relations.
• Create documents in support of ongoing activities across the product, innovation, marketing and CSR pillars, including press releases, Q&A’s, key message documents, scripts and presentations.
• Develop and drive the execution of media relations plans for Canada.
• Support key team infrastructure/activities including monitoring Canadian media.
• Responsible for tracking and maintaining expenses by project.
• Translate difficult-to-understand concepts into clear, succinct language.
• Work with global Corporate Communications team to develop, implement and manage integrated internal communication programs.
• Create region-specific content for web and intranet sites.
• Bachelors/Degree in Communications/Public Relations, English, Journalism, or equivalent experience; PR certificate/diploma preferred.
• Minimum of 6-9 years progressively responsible experience in public relations, with agency experience highly preferred.
• Financial services experience a benefit.
• Experience in working with media and a solid understanding of what makes compelling content for print and broadcast media coverage.
• Experience blending traditional communications tactics with social media.
• Proven ability to effectively draft, edit present and proofread communications materials - news releases, fact sheets, talking points, executive briefing documents
• Experience in developing strategic employee communications planning and delivery.
• Client service orientation that seeks to efficiently and effectively deliver quality results. Skills will include: analysis, planning, prioritization and direction setting.
• Experience in multi-faceted program/project management, decision-making, and driving results in cross-functional and/or cross-regional teams.