- East Hanover, NJ
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Erica Schmidt
***Pharmaceutical Industry experience Required***
This job will work solely and closely with the Digital Marketing team and Brand teams to develop new techniques and standardization across the analytics organization. This position will help to build capabilities in Alternative Promotional Channels (APC) is a major priority for the Company's Digital Marketing team. APC includes both digital (e.g. endemic and non-endemic 3rd party platforms, Emails, EHRs, Banners etc), and offline (e.g. direct mail, tele-detail, traditional print media, etc.) promotion channels. APC Analytics, i.e., how we measure, track, monitor, draw insights from, and integrate tactics and campaigns across these channels to maximize ROI and impact, will be critical to the success of our APC efforts.
Eventually, APC Analytics will be tightly integrated with personal promotion elements (e.g., reps, samples). Hence, this job will also play an important role in collaborating with an ‘Integrated Promotional Mix Model’ (IPMM) team.
Specific duties of this role will include:
• Assist in creation of APC campaigns: Work with APC team, Brand Analysts, and external vendors in setting up specific APC campaigns (for HCPs), including list creation, Test Control design set up, KPI metrics, dashboards etc.
• Lead the problem solving on metrics, KPIs: Especially as these relate to new channels/tactics, lead the problem solving with vendors, internal stakeholders on identifying the right set of KPIs, metrics to track for new tactics. Develop appropriate communications (e.g., presentation documents) to share with broader organization. Also identify data needs, and set up back-end models to understand impact of channels/tactics.
• Solve APC analytics related questions and seek to develop a perspective: Sample questions include: Does sequencing of channels matter, and how (e.g., Direct mail followed by a Rep detail)? What strategies yield the best result for different channels/tactics (e.g., how many direct mail touches are optimal or who to target for EHR campaign)? How do we reduce ‘cycle time’ to complete analytics and generate insights? Measure the effectiveness of various APC initiatives from the incremental Rx lift and ROI perspective.
• Creation of targeting lists, segmentation, and response models: Regularly work with prescriber level Rx data to ensure marketing effectiveness and answer critical business questions through advanced statistical techniques. Perform design of experiments and advanced statistical analyses to learn the success of marketing efforts. Guide teams on list generation, list match techniques, and inform targeting discussions with brand analysts. Targeting includes strategic considerations such as which HCP segments to include for APC efforts given past performance, promotional sensitivity, and ROI economics. Identify areas for the application of big data predictive analytics applications in APC efforts. Be externally focused in leveraging ideas from other industries or pharma companies.
• Be a single point of contact on Tableau dashboard development for various GenMed brands while partnering with offshore teams to drive the dashboard development.
• Challenge the status quo, and bring outside pharma insights: Challenge external vendors and internal Novartis teams to think differently, and leap frog others in the pharma industry – e.g., around when and how to use different channels, how to measure success, how to make trade off decisions. Constant learning of new marketing techniques and knowledge of 3rd party providers to inform discussions with brand marketers and channel partners is important.
• Train & Mentor teams on APC analytics: Provide hands on guidance to fellow analysts on how to measure, what good looks like, what not to measure, how to set up experiments etc. Create standardized processes, templates etc for further rollout to the organization. Actively participate in training sessions for organizational initiatives on APC. Collaborate and drive analytics by utilizing 4 person dedicated offshore team while managing stakeholder expectations on analytics delivery and timing.
• Collaborate cross-functionally in a matrix organization that consists of APC team, campaign operations managers, external HCP media agency, offshore team and brand analysts.
• Graduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, economics, mathematics, operations research or Engineering)
• Total 5 – 8 years of relevant experience with a min 2-3 years of APC analytics experience inside or outside the pharma industry (e.g., in Financial Services, Consumer Packaged Goods, Insurance). Specifically should understand tactically how analytics for marketing channels (e.g. web, email, EHR, digital banners etc) are set up and conducted, what to measure, and how to scale analytics needs. Should also understand strategically what role analytics can play in driving business results. At least 2-5 years of pharma analytics experience is required
• Solid working knowledge of analytics, patient/prescriber-level Rx databases (e.g., IMS, Symphony) in the pharma industry. Experience with Big data and predictive analytics a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to translate a complex analysis into simple ‘business speak’ and present analytical results to internal clients up to the executive level
• Strong analytical skills with experience in statistical analyses & modeling
• Business acumen - ability to connect the dots and generate insights
• Learning agility - ability to pick up new trends and learn quickly
• Partnering skills and stakeholder management
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence without authority
• Managerial experience a plus (especially of external vendors and media agencies)
• Agency and/or consulting experience valued
• Past experience in working with offshore teams a plus
• Experience in data visualization and dashboard tools like Tableau a plus