- Richfield, MN
- Job Terms:
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- posted by:
- Kate Kirschner
The client is seeking motivated, passionate, innovative software engineers to make an impact in the future of the e-commerce space. A position on this team offers the opportunity to apply your talents and creative energy to deliver high performing solutions at one of the top e-commerce sites. The client is the largest multi-channel consumer electronics retailer in the world and technology is at the heart of our organization.
What you will do as a Web Engineer:
• You will be a key member of the Best Buy engineering team responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions used at massive scale.
• Contribute to the architecture and design of the platform to enable rapid development, autonomous testing, and innovative integrations in a continuous delivery environment.
• Use modern tools, libraries and build new ones to support customer driven e-commerce initiatives that will impact millions of people.
• Use your creative and innovation-driven mindset to articulate engineering strategies related to scale, performance, security, and usability.
• Use the latest web development technologies: Node.js, Java 8 / Groovy, AWS, Openstack, World Class CDN / Edge Networks, REST, NoSQL, Memcached, ES6, React, Redux, Fetch, and more…
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for in a candidate?
• Bachelors Degree or 6+ years equivalent IT experience
• 4+ years of IT experience
• 2+ years doing Full Stack development
• Solid technical communication skills with business partners and other engineer teams
• Experience using version control systems such as Git
• Experience with feature and issue tracking software such as Jira
• Proficiency with terminal / command line
• Experience in understanding different integration patterns and their usage during testing
• Experience with modern web technologies and high-scale storage
• Experience with Cloud Infrastructure; AWS / OpenStack
• Experience deep-diving into difficult to troubleshoot issues
•Clear communication, collaboration, being able to mentor and explain technical skills to non-technical people.
•Flexibility with how things are done and a willingness to learn and adapt to a changing environment.
•A passion for solving problems few people have solved.