- Chicago OR Louisville
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Kate Gottfried
Are you a seasoned Digital Content Strategist – passionate about the rapidly growing world of digital content? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where your work has an important impact on people’s lives?
Our client is committed to investing in innovative digital experiences that improve our customers’ quality of life and interaction with us. The Digital Content Strategist will play an essential role in defining content for our client's web and mobile presence. In this role, you will plan and manage digital content that is relevant, engaging, usable, persuasive, consistent, sharable, and searchable.
You will work closely with business stakeholders and develop deep knowledge of healthcare subjects and audience information needs. Essentially, you will help ensure we get the right content at the right time to the right audiences – including consumers, members, providers, employers and agents/brokers.
The Digital Content Strategist is assigned to a specific Line of Business team and is a member of the User Experience Center of Practice at our client. These teams create and maintain content across our client's web properties in alignment with corporate and digital style guides and in compliance with National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) regulations.
The key accountabilities are defining and implementing content strategies for digital products and projects, in alignment with the overall digital experience, other offline content, multiple complex business goals, and varied audience needs. You also may contribute to writing and editing of copy.
As the Digital Content Strategist, you will:
- Direct the message hierarchy, content types, tone, voice and creative interpretation of content so it is on brand and aligned with marketing objectives
- Identify, manage and structure engaging and contextually-appropriate content and taxonomies
- Collaborate with the UX team on content organization, navigation, site maps and information design
- Regularly audit and inventory online content to identify gaps in quality, compliance, standards and branding
- Develop content matrices and calendars to track and manage content updates
- Lead efforts to identify new content/communication opportunities, repurpose existing content, and surface other creative ways to create more meaningful user experiences and efficient processes
- Present clear, concise content strategies that help stakeholders make informed decisions about content. Strategies will focus on ensuring Humana content is usable, findable, targeted by audience, aligned with best practices and business goals, and is developed with consideration of competitive analysis and research.
- Work with copywriters and editors to ensure that copy meets strategic objectives, business requirements, and digital principles
- Contribute to writing and edition copy as needed
- Lead efforts to continuously improve digital content, including mining user data and research and conducting competitive assessments
- Assist with creation and maintenance of Humana digital content guidelines, standards, tools, and processes
• Experience with all facets of digital content publishing and best practices
• Familiarity with software development processes (e.g., waterfall, agile)
• Knack for juggling several projects, managing time efficiently and prioritizing appropriately
- Experience working with subject matter experts, content reviewers, editors, legal and compliance, and user experience teams
- Passion for sharing information and helping others be successful
- Focused on team success rather than individual success
- Approachable, respectful, open, transparent and easy to work with – even in stressful situations
- Ability to be self-aware, receive feedback and continually improve
- Ability to produce clarity when confronted with unclear situations
- At least 3 years of Digital Strategy experience
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing or similar field
- Experience creating multi-channel content strategies, content matrices, and content inventories
- Ability to be flexible in a very fluid and dynamic environment – including dealing with changing processes and priorities
- Must be extremely well-organized, capable of handling multiple details simultaneously, and able to easily move between strategic and tactical work
- Familiarity with Search Engine Marketing and Optimization strategies
- Familiar with content management systems
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent information architecture skills
- Conversant and comfortable with principles of digital design, writing and editing
- Proficient with: Microsoft Office
- Experience in wellness and/or healthcare
- Experience with Sitecore CMS