- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Tova Dodge
If you thrive in understanding complex scenarios in order to build creative and relevant information architecture and interaction patterns and you are interested in defining the next generation of online site creation experiences for businesses, this job could be your next challenge!
This role is for end-to-end product design work, from planning and iterating on designs, to prototyping, to visual design, implementation and polish. Focused on creating modern web publishing and authoring experiences. You will be a member of a feature crew, interacting with PM and Engineering—must be proactive and a great communicator.*
This is a very big project with lots of impact and it’s actually shipping (not a marketing or advertising campaign, but an actual product – in redesign). There is a lot of opportunity for impact and to contribute. It is an agile environment – building it up and shipping quickly!
You’ll have the opportunity to make product decisions, construct UX solutions, and define the vision of the end-to-end user experience. The ideal candidate will be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions. They will be experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. Qualified candidates must demonstrate the ability to execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints amid competing priorities and ambiguous situations. Must have experience with working on a feature from start to finish (flow, IA, wireframing, moving to hi fidelity designs, to engineering)
• A degree in Interaction Design or related discipline (Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design) preferred.
• 5 - 7 years of professional experience in interactive design experience.
• Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications, and prototype demos.
• Strong problem solving, creative, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Strong visual design/layout/typography skillset a plus.
• High level of comfort with web-based technologies, CSS, HTML, etc...
• Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs.
• Experience working with other User Experience disciplines (User Research, Visual Design, and User Assistance), Technical disciplines (PM, Dev, Test), as well as Business and Marketing.