- San Jose, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Lindsay DesRochers
As a Visual Interaction Designer you will help to envision and design best-in-class user experiences for the world’s largest online marketplace with over 100 million shoppers and 25+ million sellers. You will partner with cross-functional teams to address exciting new business opportunities using your design creativity and user-centered design principles. You will be part of a team where you will be working on consumer selling experiences, mostly across desktop and mWeb, in an agile environment.
As a designer for our core product design group you can work on many projects and areas. An immediate need is for a UX Designer with strong visual skills to join our Selling Design Team. As a designer, your job is to be an ambassador to the user, creating design solutions that delight our customers by solving important problems end-to-end, and crafting an experience that balances the needs of the business, while delivering an intuitive and engaging product experience for our users.
This role is the key partner in helping define the Selling experience and interactions to unlock business potential and meet user needs.
3 + years of experience as a UX Designer
• Drive the creative direction and execution of design projects from project goal definition to dev deliverable at a fidelity required to meet project needs.
• Inspire and collaborate with Product teams to rapidly produce inventive, thoughtful, relevant product experiences.
• Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based work environment, inspiring teams through participatory as well as directed exercises in the creation of design deliverables: Collaborative brainstorming, whiteboarding and creative solutioning.
• Contribute across all aspects of your team’s projects, focusing on innovation and quality to uncover and highlight new product opportunities.
A little about our fortune 500 client... We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check. We offer empowering roles worldwide with a focus on creativity, competitive pay and benefits, professional growth, and performance-focused rewards.
• Experience in designing across mobile and desktop devices. Designing for eCommerce a plus.
• A portfolio of relevant past design work and a demonstrated ability to cover all responsibilities above.
• Experience working in agile a plus, along with partnering with dev to see design concepts through to implementation.
• Extra points if you have hybrid visual and interaction design skills and are quick to pick up new design programs.
• Proficiency and flexibility with your tools. We primarily use Sketch, but experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. counts.
• Familiarity with prototyping for both micro-interactions and larger flows – whether you use Principle, Origami, Keynote, Axure, InVision, or another tool/framework.
• Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or related discipline. 2-3 years design experience in the industry.