- Richfield, MN
- Job Terms:
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- posted by:
- Kate Kirschner
Aquent's Fortune 500 retail client is looking for a Senior Marketing Project Manager to work a 6 month contract with potential to extend in Richfield, MN.
This role will primarily focus on new campaign reporting within Marketing. The Sr. Project Manager will be focused on one primary initiative that is a top priority within Marketing in this fiscal year. There will be deep reporting capability experts driving the actual reporting needs. This role will need to work across teams to understand the process, training, change, communication needs to achieve successful reporting and measurement. This individual will have accountability within the project for managing critical deliverables and outcomes.
First and foremost, this individual must have the ability to think critically, problem solve, influence without authority, lead teams from strategy to execution, and work in an ambiguous environment with little work direction. As the Sr. Project Manager, it will be expected to navigate horizontally across teams to drive collaboration and integration.
The Sr. Project Manager will create and lead all aspects of project planning including business case development and associated budget needs, project charter, scope development, key milestones & deliverables roadmap, communication with the project teams and leadership, resource planning, manage risks/assumptions/issues/dependencies, create measurement plans, etc. The Sr. Project Manager must have the ability to see the big picture, provide project leadership, and have the capability to engage in detailed oversight and requirements.
The Sr. Project Manager will ideally have solid experience in some reporting and measurement type projects on the business operational side. Experience in working with an Agile Methodology and/or the ability to work in an ambiguous environment with the flexibility to adapt and manage work in smaller, quicker releases is required.
The Sr. Project Manager will report directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing Operations with a dotted line to the Sr. Director of Analytics.
o Partners with leadership to prioritize work effort
o Manages goals, objectives, and expectations of projects with leadership sponsor
o Provide status, updates, risk mitigation and decisions needed to stakeholders, sponsors, governance boards, etc.
o Thinks strategically and broadly; integrating multiple work streams and impacts
o Navigates across all levels of the organization
o Identifies and proactively solves project issues
o Establishes clear stakeholder maps and governance for projects
o Creates project structure, meeting rhythms, tools, etc.
o Develop clear and detailed roadmaps for delivery including critical path activities, key milestones, and funding gates
o Ensures technology, process, people, and sustainability are integrated and accounted for within planning and execution.
o Oversee adherence to delivery methodology, accuracy in planning, excellent execution of each project phase, comprehensive and complete deliverables. Organize and coordinate activities across cross-functional work streams in service of the broader program delivery
o Creates project charters, clearly defining what is in/out of scope, ensure projects are feasible and reasonable for delivery within required timeframes, and resourced appropriately for the defined scope and timelines
o Track key project deliverables and dependencies against agreed-upon milestone plans
o Organize the program artifacts on SharePoint and ensure all documentation is published as agreed-to by the team, and also ensure the artifacts are being used and reference diligently in team meetings (RAID log, change log, status reports, etc.)
Communication/ Relationship Management
o Facilitate clear and consistent communication across the project team, and leadership when needed, including weekly team meetings and other ad-hoc meetings/discussions as needed to advance the work
o Publish weekly/monthly status reports packaged for the delivery team, key stakeholders, and executive program sponsors; including preparing presentations for monthly VP level updates.
o Promote positive team chemistry and ensure the team is having fun while being the best!
• At least 8 years of experience in cross-functional project management disciplines
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, engineering, operations, or a related field
• Delivery experience as part of a complex transformational initiative
• Experience and proficiency utilizing project planning and communication tools such as Microsoft Project (not a must, but would help), SharePoint, Wiki, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Advanced project management certification (i.e. PMP)
• Knowledge and experience working in a Fortune 500 company (preferably retail)
• Agile development methodology training and/or experience, i.e. product capability lead or scrum master
• Advanced analytical and problem solving sills (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
• Previous CRM Marketing and/or Loyalty experience
• The skills to translate strategy into tactics by developing a step-by-step plan with well-defined tasks and holding team members accountable to deliverables and timelines
• Navigates seamlessly across the organization
• Excellent problem-solving skills and abilities to think quickly and modify approach on the fly to quickly resolve points of contention
• Advanced interpersonal skills (written and verbal) likely interacting executive leadership, and building solid and trusted working relationships horizontally across the enterprise