- Dulles, VA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media company in Dulles is looking for an Internal Communications Specialist to join their IT Communications Team. The IT Communications Lead will report into the Director of Internal Communications and will be responsible for employee communications and content development for the Technology team, with a primary focus on employee-wide IT communications. The IT Communications Lead will take our Technology messaging and communications strategy to the next level with innovative campaigns and a consistent, engaging voice.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop and execute communication plans, strategic initiatives and informing, engaging, creative campaigns for employees that advances business goals and cultural objectives.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout the IT department.
- Own content development, planning and execution for IT internal communication campaigns, using data to measure effectiveness.
- Manage our enterprise outage communications, drafting messages and publishing across platforms in an expedient manner.
- Drive the adoption of Slack and other key communication tools through innovative campaigns.
- Own our TV Plasma programming and cadence as one of our key digital internal comms platforms
- Enforce our communication policies, cadence and guides using data to inform any necessary changes.
- BA/BS/Undergraduate (degree in Communication, English or Journalism is preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required; you must be able to crisply articulate technical concepts
- 3-5 years experience in communication function
- Strong leadership, presentation and collaboration skills
- Highly-organized and detail oriented
- Strong understanding of the media technology and/or advertising industry
- Ability to function under pressure, in a fast-paced environment with extremely tight deadlines
- A wide degree of latitude is expected
- Creative, flexible and willing to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table
-Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
-Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent