- Redmond, Wa
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Tova Dodge
If you thrive in understanding complex scenarios in order to build creative and relevant information architecture and interaction patterns and you are interested in defining the next generation of online site creation experiences for businesses, this job could be your next challenge!
We are looking for an experienced UX designer who is passionate about user-centered design approaches, interaction design excellence, and transforming customer data into elegant and usable solutions. In this role, you’ll work closely with researchers, developers, program managers, and other designers to create a modern content consumption and authoring experience to enable web and mobile site creation.
You’ll have the opportunity to make product decisions, construct UX solutions, and define the vision of the end-to-end user experience. The ideal candidate will be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions. They will be experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. Qualified candidates must demonstrate the ability to execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints amid competing priorities and ambiguous situations.
• A degree in Interaction Design or related discipline (Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design) preferred.
• 5+ years of professional experience in interactive design experience.
• Strong visual design/layout/typography skillset a plus.
• Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator.
• High level of comfort with web-based technologies, CSS, HTML, etc.
• Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications, and prototype demos.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate designs.
• Strong problem solving, creative, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Experience working with other User Experience disciplines (User Research, Visual Design, and User Assistance), Technical disciplines (PM, Dev, Test), as well as Business and Marketing.
• meet with product partners (PM team) and engineering partners (developers) as need on the product
• design ideation, brainstorming, minimum of 2 designated design meetings/week (stand up and present)
• work closely with research team and test work and headed the right way
• market research and usability
• work closely with design dev/integration team working on features where there is particular
• front end animation (front end code) and making sure designs come out as intended
• are able to be more than production artist, interact with PM, function independently and go toe to toe with the PM team about the right experience call - no less than 4 years of experience (5+)
• Not a lot of interaction level with sponsor but will collaborate and work with PM team daily
Unique selling points/Value added or experience gained: This is a very big project with lots of impact and it’s actually shipping (not a marketing, advertising, campaign, actual product – in redesign). There is a lot of opportunity for impact and to contribute. It is an agile environment – building it up and shipping quickly
Top 3 must-have hard skills (ranked below in order of importance)
1 - Strength of Interaction Design – 5+ years of experience
2 - Visual Design - 3- 5 years of experience
3 - Knowledge of mobile design – 1-2 years of experience