- McLean, VA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Kara Lyons
AQUENT is seeking a Public Affairs Coordinator for an exciting opportunity! In this position, you will play a key role in supporting the broader agenda of the Company's Public Affairs team, assisting in managing reputational risk, company issues and crisis events.
A Day in the Life:
• Partner with Public Affairs team members and key internal stakeholders in support of the Company’s reputational risk and corporate communication agenda.
• Provide centralized oversight of Public Affairs playbooks and processes, including Crisis Communications & Corporate Issues.
• Coordinate and execute core processes as part of Crisis Response/Issues Management teams.
• Assist with drafting communications materials on company issues as they arise.
• Maintain issues resource guides and key issue talking points to ensure information and messaging is current and centralized.
• Review and track applications and requests for company data to ensure information is accurate and appropriate
• Conduct research and media monitoring on issues or major events to support reputation risk assessments.
• Maintain repository for reputation risk reports and documents.
• Maintain formal reputation risk policy and drive annual review process of protocols.
• Assist with review process for routine speaking requests and presentation content reviews for corporate staff groups.
• Maintain calendar of Enterprise Risk Management/Reputation Risk deliverables and coordinate/track activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing/public relations or a related discipline.
• Four or more years work experience in public or corporate communications.
• Excellent writing skills, with the ability to translate complicated issues into a clear point of view, and create a concise narrative.
• Outstanding interpersonal communication & influencing skills.
• Deep focus and ability to pay attention to detail and delivery against timelines.
• Six or more years' work experience in communications consulting, public/corporate affairs within financial services or technology industry.
• Demonstrated success developing creative and effective approaches to problem solving.
• Ability to exercise strong judgment within narrow time-frames.
• Proven experience in building relationships with stakeholders, to include senior management.
• Highly motivated – willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, even in situations where the work is outside of the scope of your respective role.
If this sounds like you - message me today at Klyons@aquent.com!
Working with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things: - You're paid weekly - Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk) - Access to Fidelity 401(k) - Access to FSA Program - Direct deposit for your paycheck - Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!) - Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ - Access to free online courses via Lynda.com - Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your assignment to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)