- Richfield, MN
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Laura Toller
Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Senior Front End Developer to work a 6 month contract with a strong likelihood to extend in Richfield, MN. The Senior Front End Developer is responsible for the design, development and testing of operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for computing applications. Besides the Scrum ceremonies (Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, Showcases, Design Sessions), the bulk of your time will be spent writing code.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
- 10+ years OR most advanced level of experience in specified technology required.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Knowledge of XML, Java, JSP and other relevant software.
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modify existing databases and database management systems.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interviews will include a code sample and question/answer.