- Miami, FL
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Dove Ryan
The Store Designer’s main responsibility is to design counters following the brand’s technical guidelines and within each project’s given space, specific design requirements and project timeline. Experience in handling complex design projects from concept generation through implementation, preferably geared towards retail design, and know how to work with and meet tight deadlines while working within a corporate environment. Experience in open service processes as well as working within budgetary and product parameters are ideal traits.
This role covers a well known group of brands and it is based in the Miami offices, reporting to Store Design Manager.
• A strong knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and codes.
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment including creation of work plans and budgets, management of timelines and milestones
• Provide a full set of architectural drawings for every given project, working to set global standards generated from the brands in New York. In addition ensuring the designs are consistent with TR global standards.
• Provide creative and innovative solutions using the latest materials, lighting and digital technology.
Support SD Manager as needed
A strong Design value engineer and knowledge of construction details
• This individual will be the lead creative head traveling to new doors installations therefore needs to have clear and concise communication skills, and able to troubleshoot in all types of store design or visual communication urgencies in store.
• Communicate on a regular basis with the VM Designer and internal teams as well as the Retailer’s technical department within their set time schedule.
• Work closely with peers and SD manager executing quick conceptual drawings for negotiations, and presenting them in proper formats with dimensions and notes as needed.
Technical drawings/Field Surveys:
• Liaise directly with the nominated shop fitters, in order to check & approve construction drawings and materials spec.
• Knowledge of field surveys support, measuring stores and existing units, reviewing and inspecting all field conditions and compiling photos for reference and follow-up.
Bachelors’ degree in Architecture preferred.
Vector Works: 2D + 3D// Library implementation required.
AutoCAD 2D + 3D required
Adobe Suite (Photo Shop + Illustrator + InDesign) required.
Sketch up required
Microsoft programs required. Project timeline is a plus.
Cinema 4D a plus.
After Effects a plus.
Minimum of 2 years work experience in the design industry in the retail field.
Knowledge/fluency in Spanish preferred.
A strong understanding dept. store or airport planning/zoning.
Experience in Store Planning, Visual Merchandising, and strong drafting skills. In addition, experience with Furniture design for construction including drawing sections, isometrics and perspectives.
Available to travel as needed.
Project Management and Organizational skills a must.