- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Laura Toller
Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Senior Store Designer to work a 6 month contract with a strong likelihood to extend in Seattle, WA. This role will be Project Management focused. The Senior Store Designer will execute the design strategy in the design of client stores. They will be managing projects and design. The Senior Store Designer will be leading out interiors, finishes, and materials. The ideal candidate will come from a designer background and have experience working in leadership roles, i.e. design lead or project manager. They will need strong experience managing others and managing a client (license accounts).
In addition, this role will be responsible for:
- Prioritizing and communicating project schedules and objectives to a team of store designers and cross functional teams.
- Plays a key role in establishing effective and efficient program management principles including continuous improvement, cost reduction, quality standards, and cross-functional partnerships.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to design team and meets all established deadlines.
- Creates alignment with cross-functional teams for market planning efforts inclusive of preliminary project scope discussion, portfolio reviews, store site visits and weekly project meetings.
- Leads the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents.
- Negotiates fees, schedules and scope with external consultants for all projects within their assigned region
- Coordinates the architectural design program for store design in coordination with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Monitors creation of construction and design documents by store designer team and external consultants to ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget and quality expectations.
Interiors samples, projects that they managed successfully (process change or change management), experience managing budget of $650K-$1mil per project, strong communication skills both within written and verbal. Experience developing teams.
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives resulting in exceptional store environments
- Skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong Organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to communicate well with multidisciplinary cross functional internal as well as external teams
- Ability to manage a high volume of work within compressed timeframes
- Presentation skills necessary
- Negotiation skills necessary
- Ability to balance business needs and project constraints with high standards in design quality
- Experience with CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software
Candidates will need to provide a portfolio