- Redmond, Wa
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Tova Dodge
Are you forward-thinking, open to challenges, and want to inspire new ways to approach design? If you can say Yes! and strive to be a great creator, collaborator, and communicator, then you might just be the perfect fit!
We are looking for a talented Designer with powerful interaction and visual design chops to help us evolve how people experience our product. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is excited about making impact on the world by helping to drive future technology and innovation through great design with some of the top tier partners worldwide.
You will be key member of a small but nimble team that is responsible for working with key internal teams and external partners to extend and evolve the opportunities of Windows. Strong communication and organization abilities are critical skills, and the ability to work across teams and independently is a must. It is imperative to have a clear understanding of the design process, the roles/responsibilities involved and how to work with the disciplines effectively.
You will need to know how to blend brands together, how to think and design cross device, as well as, how to push the minimum bar of what’s expected for an experience and take it to the next level both visually and in interaction.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Help create amazing designs for partner apps, websites and other cross device scenarios within the Partner Design Engagement team
• Actively participate in design brainstorms and work sessions
• Create and deliver beautiful executions that work well for our internal and external partners/teams on time and at high quality
• Help facilitate in producing mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, presentations and other artifacts, as needed, to develop, communicate and evolve designs and user experiences
• Work with designers and dev integrators to ensure quality of visual and interaction are met and exceeded.
• Work with internal and external brand teams to ensure designs align to brand strategies and mission
• Communicate effectively with internal teams and partners on design discoveries, implementations and learning
• Educate and build consensus around visuals, interactions and design direction both internally within our teams and externally out to all partners
• 2+ years of experience in visual &/or user interface design in consumer product and related experiences
• Effective collaboration and communication with other designers, teams and partners throughout design process
• Excellent written and verbal; communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator and related tools
• Work samples that show strong design skills
• BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, or equivalent experience
• Team player
• An open-mind, creative and human-centered approach to problem solving and a passion for creating simple, playful, and seamless experiences
• Strong visual sensibilities and process; ability to use creative briefs, storyboards, mood boards, sketches, comps, style guides, presentations, etc. to create designs
• Strong understanding of design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.)
• Knowledge in how to design cross devise experiences (adaptive/responsive for app and web)
• Meticulous sense to detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex challenges
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve, think broadly, and produce stunning/elegant designs that achieve quantitative results and outcomes
• Ability to approach a project from multiple angles, and deliver a variety of outcomes/solutions
• Familiarity with user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, ethnographic research, guided explorations, and usability testing
• Understanding in current design, entertainment and social media trends
• A strong interest in future technology trends and experience in designing for VR & AR
• Knowledge of 3D design and storyboarding