- Job Terms:
- Talent Bridge/Temp-to-Perm
- posted by:
- James Ward
Our #1 makeup artist beauty brand client - who has over 50 standing cosmetics stores, available in 60+ countries and sold at exclusive retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Harrods, more - is in need of an Associate Director of Production. This is a contract position (40 hours a week, onsite, NYC) with the opportunity to convert to full time/staff.
The ideal candidate will come from the beauty industry with the ability to lead post-production team (one junior person with the possibility of additional members), understand the technical creative design process, and manage workflow including web, offset, digital, screen, press checks, finishing, and shipping.
• The primary focus of this position provides technical and implementation expertise to print production process supporting the design, production and creative ops teams. The candidate must have the ability to successfully manage and produce multiple deadline driven projects with high image volume maintaining the utmost in accuracy and the highest visual quality in printed execution.
• Oversee print execution and create mechanicals for release, e.g. collateral programs, prepping files for vendor routing including trim size and specs, correctness of final assets, bleeds and crop needs, coordinating all proofing and quality control
• Manage relationship with in-house print vendor regarding schedules, image flow, color proofing, color corrections, delivery and pricing
• Design and customized international collections to fit local market needs for all the regions around the globe in addition to regular programs creating guidelines and ensure programs are translated and executed cohesively throughout the global market channels. Provide mechanical for beauty crops and graphic for all setups
• Set and maintain standards for work handled in the Production Department with regards to print production schedules, asset routing, proofing and approvals to meet scheduled requirements and on time deliveries of assets
• Supervise retouching workflow and work closely with Asset Manager on implementation and onboarding of DAM software
• Ensure final deliverables meet both design and production requirements attending press runs to ensure accurate execution and work closely with Creatives to keep the artwork on schedule
• The ideal candidate must have strong knowledge of pre-press, four-color printing process, be able to pre-flight, create mechanicals, collect files and archive materials. Must have an eye for kerning, alignment and positioning of typography.
• Must be detail oriented, have exceptional typography and layout skills, strong communication and organizational skills as well as a familiarity with pre-print process, specifications and mechanical template building software
• Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal communication skills; work collaboratively and efficiently with all departments; providing timely, clear communication
• Strong production-level Adobe CS experience (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign at a minimum)
• Experience in retouching, post-production workflows and color management, file formats and print specifications desired
• Ability to manage several deadline driven and wide-ranging projects simultaneously; excellent project management and communication skills - highly organized and efficiency focused
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
• Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
• Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
• Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
• Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com