- Dallas, TX
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Laura Toller
Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Senior Web Designer/ Developer to work a 6 month contract with a strong likelihood to extend in Dallas, TX. This role will be 50% Design and 50% Front End Development. The Senior Web Designer/Developer will lead creative solutions including design, front-end development, and content management digital channels including website content (mobile and desktop) and e-mail communications.
- Primary role is to be a creative leader and contributor for our client's Design team to ensure all web and email content is consistent with brand & style.
- Trains and mentors junior level designers to provide creative direction and ensure highest standards
- Maintains knowledge and guides team in best practices related to industry trends and technologies for web design and content management
- Is accountable for managing complex content-related design and development projects
- Act as subject matter expert to internal/external Customers with regard to design and content management strategy and tools
- Must be able to evaluate and augment business requirements, integrate Leadership perspectives, and provide strategic solutions to ensure optimal decisions are being made
- Designs, develops, and maintains content on existing web sites and Customer e-mail communications
- Leads idea concepting and contributes to copywriting support for digital channels
- Apply technical skills to develop and support functionality enhancements within digital channels
- Apply best practices with regard to search engine optimization
- Support in publishing of content in digital channels
- Works with outside agencies in a timely manner to maintain consistency of online communications in both the English and Spanish languages
- Provides cross-training in project workflows and content management to internal business owners
- Bachelors degree in Web design/development, Art/Design, or Advertising/Marketing preferred or equivalent commercial experience.
- 5+ years experience as a designer including front-end development and project management is required.
- Proficiency with various software packages including: Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Dreamweaver is required.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with HTML, CSS, and Browser/Web compatibility is required.
- Ability to exhibit balanced strength in design & development in order to problem solve both creative and technical challenges is required.
- Experience mentoring and developing other designers is preferred.
- Experience concepting creative ideas and leading those ideas through completion across multi-disciplinary teams is required.
- Ability to prioritize projects, work with little supervision, and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals is required.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Content Management Systems is required.
- Good writing and editing skills for copywriting as well as internal communications is preferred.
- Must work well multitasking to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, have a strong attention to detail, and work as a team player. Must have judgment sufficient to handle and solve complex administrative challenges.
- Experience with Quickbase, Interwoven/Teamsite, Omniture, Adobe Target, Responsys, and responsive design is preferred.