- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Sam Mielke
Our Fortune 500 Travel and Resort client is seeking a skilled Product Manager to lead the development of largescale consumer facing products. Ideal candidates are skilled communicators with 5 Years of product management experience in Agile and Waterfall environments.
As a Product Analyst you will participate in developing the strategy and vision for the group, and you will develop, influence and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, analytics and executive teams to bring products. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications.
The Product Analyst will:
• Understand and execute the strategic direction of digital product line
• Translate that direction into user stories with acceptance criteria, mind maps, and product specs.
• Manage the feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction and ensure the execution of creative assets developed in support of a feature, such as the visual design, content strategy and copywriting, to ensure adherence to strategic vision.
• Attend daily scrums with development studios to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks, they will support multiple cross-functional teams/development studios to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope.
• Communicating changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams, and to their manager on development progress, escalating any issues that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision.
We are looking for candidates with:
• 3-5 years’ experience working in the mobile or online industry.
• Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams.
• Ability to manage partner (internal and external) expectations and scope expectations through significant collaboration and partnership
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation and quality is highly desired.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills (includes ability to use tools such as Excel and Access); ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiatives.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive resolution of complex critical issues
• Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, IT or Business or equivalent work/educational experience OR BS/BA in Business Administration, CS, Engineering, IS and /or equivalent formal training or experience.